Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Who do you want to meet? (I'm sure I've forgotten someone important!) TAKE TWO !
Montsnmags (Marc) 19 39.58%
Daffy4u 12 25.00%
DixieGal 16 33.33%
Ricky Maveety 17 35.42%
lilacjive 12 25.00%
Ravenne 15 31.25%
PilotBob 15 31.25%
pshrynk 16 33.33%
Shortncuddlyam 15 31.25%
RWood 18 37.50%
Kovid 18 37.50%
Alex Turcic 18 37.50%
Slayda 12 25.00%
Uncle Duke 14 29.17%
Yvanleterrible 12 25.00%
EVERYBODY !!! (on the poll or not !) 49 100.00%
Zelda (Madame Z) 26 54.17%
Nekokami 13 27.08%
mjh215 12 25.00%
Nate the Great 16 33.33%
JSWolf 11 22.92%
Igorsk 18 37.50%
Alisa 9 18.75%
Cassidym 11 22.92%
Patricia 19 39.58%
Elsi 11 22.92%
vivaldirules 18 37.50%
Madame Broshkina 15 31.25%
HarryT 15 31.25%
Krisk 9 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-13-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
New Poll!!

With such a world wide forum, its very likely we'll never all get to meet each other in the real world. Even with the regional meetups, there is still way too much space dividing us.

So.........

IF you could meet and spend time with any MobileRead members, which ones would they be, and WHY. If your choice isn't listed, please post your choice.

Multiple choices are permitted.

Don't forget to post why you want to meet these members.

May I ask the German and French forums to translate and post in their respective forums also? Thanks!

Members are listed in no particular order.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I want to meet Hugo and Lefty.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dang it, I KNEW IT!! I forgot Sir Sir Ralph Edward!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

And Steve Jordan, and who knows who else.

So, just tell us all who you'd love to meet if you ever got the chance. Okay?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Who lives in the Caribbean? I would like to meet you and become your best friend (and bring everyone here with me).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I picked myself. It's not a vanity thing; I'm a "neurotic introvert", remember (as others may wish to do if foolish enough to consider the same option. )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
You say multiple choices are allowed, but they aren't Who to choose?

I might just pick myself
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Mods, could someone click on the "multiple choice" option? I seem to have forgotten.,.,
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I vote for all of the above and everybody else you forgot or didn't have room for.
I have trouble making meaningful decisions. Name:  gray_cat_thinking.gif
Views: 463
Size:  31.0 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:03 AM   #10
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I would like to meet Crutledge.
Whatever else is happening in MobileRead land, Crutledge quietly carries on producing wonderful ebooks for us all to enjoy.
We're very lucky to have many wonderful ebook contributors, and I am grateful to all of them - but there's something about Crutledge's quiet dedication that I find inspirational.
Crutledge is my favourite MobileRead hero, and I would love to meet him!
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Multiple choices are permitted.
You should have made the option: everybody, we just need a teleporter!

Ok, who lives in the most beautiful place? That rules out any cities and mountains have my preference above the sea...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:41 AM   #12
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Yes, could we all meet up somewhere in an alternate universe? Since we can't meet in the realworld and there is no way I could possibly choose. Wait a minute, didn't nekokami have a nifty little device which shifts you to an alternate dimension?!

We could all meet up and maybe Hugo and Lefty would come as well, if they weren't too busy.

There would be chocolate, drinks from your country of choice (Germany, Portugal, Canada, Australia, etc), more chocolate, baked goods made from desertgrandma's recipes, maple syrup, more chocolate...

There would be no shums, trolls, scary bunnies, squirrel armies, Max (or anything even vaguely resembling Max), cat footprints, ants on desks, floods, tornadoes, or anything resembling work.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:57 AM   #13
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
There would be chocolate, drinks from your country of choice (Germany, Portugal, Canada, Australia, etc), more chocolate, baked goods made from desertgrandma's recipes, maple syrup, more chocolate...
Seriously, dont forget the chocolate! (Oh and count me in, I'm coming )
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Mods, could someone click on the "multiple choice" option? I seem to have forgotten.,.,
alas. it can't be modified after the fact (which leaves me in a dilemma as well... how to choose just one ???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
there we go, i think i'd like to vote for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Yes, could we all meet up somewhere in an alternate universe? Since we can't meet in the realworld and there is no way I could possibly choose. Wait a minute, didn't nekokami have a nifty little device which shifts you to an alternate dimension?!

We could all meet up and maybe Hugo and Lefty would come as well, if they weren't too busy.

There would be no shums, trolls, scary bunnies, squirrel armies, Max (or anything even vaguely resembling Max), cat footprints, ants on desks, floods, tornadoes, or anything resembling work.
count me in as well. and hugo and lefty say they'll be there too.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I'm holding out til it is multiple choice... Way too many good choices! BTW who is Alex Turic?

Ack, we can't switch it to multiple-choice? Well, there are only a few votes so far, could we delete it and start over?

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote