Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Best App for BBC Radio

I love BBC Radio. My favorites are 7, 4, 3, and Nations. I'm looking for a really good app (iPhone/iPod touch) that will let me set over a dozen presets so I can surf with ease.

Any suggestions?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
For presetting and then listening to various radio stations on the iPhone or iPad I use Snowtape.
It is, however, not exclusively for BBC.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
Tune-in-Radio is a real cool app, also with recording capabilities, the mentioned snowtape is also great. Both apps are a solid benchmark for radio on the iphone ipod.
regards
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lila55 View Post
For presetting and then listening to various radio stations on the iPhone or iPad I use Snowtape.
It is, however, not exclusively for BBC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holterzoff View Post
Tune-in-Radio is a real cool app, also with recording capabilities, the mentioned snowtape is also great. Both apps are a solid benchmark for radio on the iphone ipod.
regards
Thanks guys. I just realized that I have TuneIn Radio on my Nook Color, so I'm testing it right now. So far, so good. It's easy to navigate.

Question: can you organize the presets by genre?
Old 04-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
holterzoff
Connoisseur
holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.holterzoff could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle3w, Ipad, iphone4
You can search by genre in tuneIn, but i have not found a way to further organize the presets.
holterzoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by holterzoff View Post
You can search by genre in tuneIn, but i have not found a way to further organize the presets.
Thanks; I was afraid of that.

I wish someone would make a radio app that would allow you to organize your presets with folders and also allow you to display each station as an icon with 16 or more per page.

In this day of over 40,000 internet radio stations from around the world, having hundreds of presents is not unreasonable; in fact, it's a necessity.