Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2016, 03:52 AM   #28936
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Same here.
I think it's part of Google's material design. Seems to need about 20% more space, requiring more up/down and sideways scrolling.
Temporary fix maybe chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md
Don't get me started. If even more space is being used, we'd need a 27 inch monitor at 2560x1440 just to display all the white space.

And of course, the huge titles
With the small subtitles

And tiny text On which I've written a rant before.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #28937
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Next week the annual big craft fair is held. I was really looking forward to it and have saved up for months to be able to go wild. Yesterday I bought my ticket. But now I can't go. Last night my mother developed a respiratory infection, again. Which usually takes her a couple of weeks to get over it. Normally she's on stand-by to help in the store if it gets busy, but that isn't an option next week. I could have gone on Sunday, but my father has decided that he wants to see how busy it is on Sunday with the holidays approaching, but since he's going to help at my sister's apartment, it's me running the store. And besides, until my mother's better I'm responsible for cleaning, cooking and laundry and coincidentally my mother always seems to have planned big cleaning things when she gets the infection, this Sunday I'll be cleaning the kitchen cabinets and fridge, next weekend I'll probably have to defrost and clean the freezer.

At least my mother called the doctor this morning and got the right medicine. Often she waits contacting her until the infection has turned into a pneumonia.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #28938
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
...coincidentally my mother always seems to have planned big cleaning things when she gets the infection, this Sunday I'll be cleaning the kitchen cabinets and fridge, next weekend I'll probably have to defrost and clean the freezer....
Maybe it's the stress of thinking about such cleaning, that sets off her illness?

Hope she improves.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #28939
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe it's the stress of thinking about such cleaning, that sets off her illness?

Hope she improves.
No, she got her flu shot yesterday. That's often a trigger, because combined with her chronic bronchitis and her almost a pack a day smoking habbit her immune system sucks. It's also the reason that each time she gets an infection I feel less sorry for her than the last time.

She lets me do those chores because she hates them and she's now got an excuse to pass them on.

It's silly, but there are times I really hate the store, it has always been the most important thing and everything has to fitted around it.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #28940
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'm coming down with something, myself. Could be anything from a bad cold to a sinus infection at this point.

It started with very dry, irritated nasal passages and me getting almost no sleep. Still not sleeping, and add a headache.

Last edited by cromag; 10-27-2016 at 09:53 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2016, 07:39 PM   #28941
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I'm coming down with something, myself. Could be anything from a bad cold to a sinus infection at this point.

It started with very dry, irritated nasal passages me getting almost no sleep. Still not sleeping, and add a headache.
Rinse with a Neti Pot with saline solution or I myself use Neilmed Sinus Rinse system. ($12) It's a little weird at first but your sinus will thank you. Just don't do it if your ears are clog.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #28942
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sometimes your sinuses will thank you. After I do it for about 3 weeks, my sinuses start reacting to the salt/baking soda solution (or else get too too clean?) and my nose tickles, sneezes and runs like crazy all day. So I have to stop for a while!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:51 PM   #28943
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Rinse with a Neti Pot with saline solution or I myself use Neilmed Sinus Rinse system. ($12) It's a little weird at first but your sinus will thank you. Just don't do it if your ears are clog.

Sent from my XT1528
Thanks. I've rinsed daily for almost 20 years, now. I had 3 sinus surgeries in the late 90s and early 00s, but it has been under better control for the past few years. I don't actually use a neti pot -- I use a rubber bulb aspirator, very similar to the Neilmed "bottle" (which I have also used).

It doesn't hurt, of course, but I will admit it isn't the highlight of my evening!

Quote:
Sometimes your sinuses will thank you. After I do it for about 3 weeks, my sinuses start reacting to the salt/baking soda solution (or else get too too clean?) and my nose tickles, sneezes and runs like crazy all day. So I have to stop for a while!
It's a fine balance. When doctors want to deliberately inoculate a test subject with the cold virus they rinse the sinuses and nasal passages first. The mucous, when everything is working right, does serve a protective purpose. Mine, apparently, is a bit thick.

Anyway, I haven't seen my ENT doctor in about 3 years -- if I'm not back to normal by Monday I'll set up an appointment.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #28944
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
[...] her chronic bronchitis and her almost a pack a day smoking habbit
One would expect that the latter is a major cause of the former.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:05 AM   #28945
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
It's silly, but there are times I really hate the store, it has always been the most important thing and everything has to fitted around it.
When reading the last few posts, I'd be inclined to say: "Go to the fair."

It's always the same people who have to put everything in order. In the end, it's always me who ends with 3/4th of their leave not taken, and it sounds as if it's the same for you.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:16 AM   #28946
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
One would expect that the latter is a major cause of the former.
No, apparently she was diagnosed in her early teens. However, her parents and doctor never told her. My grandmother took her out of school, because she was "terminally ill" (she wasn't). Until she met my father and moved out of her parents' house she was responsible for housekeeping and had a full time job aged 16.

She didn't find out she had the chronic bronchitis until her mid 30s, when it got worse and she went to the doctor (another one than she had when she lived at her parents) and found out. By then she already smoked a lot, but although the doctor advised her to quit she never did. I think it's her way of sticking up her middle finger to her parents and then doctor.

By now she doesn't just have chronic bronchitis, but also high blood pressure and athrosis. In the last couple of months she has started to smoke less, but I suspect she does so to save more quickly for a new iPad. And now she's got the respiratory infection she'll smoke more because it makes her cough less than when she doesn't smoke (or so she claims).
Old 10-28-2016, 05:26 AM   #28947
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
When reading the last few posts, I'd be inclined to say: "Go to the fair."

It's always the same people who have to put everything in order. In the end, it's always me who ends with 3/4th of their leave not taken, and it sounds as if it's the same for you.
Yep, that's because I'm the "responsible one". I know I could go to the fair, but then my parents would be disappointed. I know from mid October until early January is the crazy period of the year at the store. I don't have much free time and in December I won't have any free time at all (which is why it sucks that Christmas is on a Sunday and a Monday this year; the store's closed on those days anyway, so no extra free days). The previous two years I was luckily my parents didn't have to get their flu shot until the day after I normally go to the fair.

I could go on Sunday morning, the fair opens at 10am and our store doesn't open until noon. However, it's the busiest day of the fair (and I don't like big crowds) and I've heard that in previous years all the good deals have sold out by Sunday. I've asked my sister if she knows anyone who would like a free ticket, if not I'll give it away to someone on one of the creative Facebook groups I'm a member of.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:54 AM   #28948
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Oh I never do it daily. Just about two to three times weekly. I have a deviated Septum on the right side and a polyp in my right maxillary sinus. The ENT can't even get a scope up my right nostril because it's too narrow.

You can also put a drop or two of baby shampoo in the solution once a month which will kill bacteria. I also use it to clean the bottle and parts.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:34 PM   #28949
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Cardboard cut up under the fingernail. How sore is THAT going to get?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #28950
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Shove some neosporin up there too? Repeatedly, throughout the day.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness