Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #1
Neiks
Neiks began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Help with registering used rooted nook

I'm new to the whole rooted nook and recently purchased a used nook tablet that is rooted. How can I register this in my name and get my bn library. I see the de-register and erase option in the settings but will this erase the current rooting and the android app if I de-register and erase?
Any options to away around this were I can get my BN content on it without losing the rooting?

Thanks
Neiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
First of all, what do you mean by "rooted"? Rooting just gives you access to the operating system. And then there's changing the ROM - replacing the B&N version of Android with CyanogenMod or other version of Android (you have to "root" it to be able to do this).

If it's just rooted, you can deregister it through the settings and register it to yourself normally (I've never messed with deregistering - B&N can help you do this).

If the ROM's been replaced, you can just download the Nook app from the Google market and register it under your name. Your content should then download to your Nook. If you're wanting to restore it back to the original B&N Android, then do a search on xda-developers.com (or Google) for instructions on how to do this.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert