Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
pignewton
pignewton began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
New to Kobo Touch and Calibre, have a question.

I just got a Kobo touch and I didn't like the Kobo software so I am using Calibre. Now, when I try to add a .mobi file to my ereader calibre wants to convert it to epub which kinda messes with the margins. I know the device supports .mobi and if I manually add the mobi file the reader can see it. I want to use calibre to keep things neat and organized for myself but don't want the files to be converted, is there anything I can do? I'm sure I'll be giving myself one of these when someone points how to do it, thanks in advance for the help!
pignewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
GoingDown
Zealot
GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.GoingDown is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Touch
You can change Calibre settings to allow .mobi file transfers to Kobo:

* In Calibre, go to Settings / Plugins
* Under Device interface plugins, search Kobo Reader Device interface, select it and click Customize
* enable .mobi as available file formats

But, be aware that Kobo has certain difficulties to show mobi files, sometimes they show up as garbage. This has been improved in last firmware though.
GoingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
pignewton
pignewton began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Wonderful, thank you! I was trying to change the output profile plugin, didn't think to try the device interface one. That took like 4 minutes for you to reply with answer, impressive.
pignewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
Or, skip Calibre too. Just copy your .epub .mobi .pdf etc files directly to your Kobo Touch as if it were simply an external USB drive.
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote