Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
mulosmani
mulosmani began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please help!

can any one help me . i want to buil a little library with pdf format.everything goes ok for the library and management(perfect work) but when i want to view a book and click ok Get button im asked to download or open the file.i need that the pdf file open to a new window on firefox as embed.can you help me please?
mulosmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Thread moved from development forum. Please read the sticky at the top of the development forum .
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Did you use the view button or hit V?
I don't have a Get button except the one for buying books.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
This sounds like you're using the content server to access your library, am I right?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:08 AM   #5
mulosmani

yes, you are right.i want to build some kiosks to access this books and i thought to use the pdf format becouse is the easy way to find books.i saw that converting books to epub is a little "difficult". sorry,my english is poor.
Advert
Old 08-09-2011, 04:51 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Someone here might be able to help you but this is not a question about calibre.

There are extensions you can add-on to Firefox that will allow you to open any downloaded PDF in a Firefox window.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #7
mulosmani

your right,i tried all and anyone work.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

I'll have to try this when using the content server, but my copy of Foxit Reader opens PDF documents embedded in the reader.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
mulosmani

i didn't understand you.what do you mean with "embedded in the reader".anyway i tryed foxit to and still the same thing.firefox and any other browser try to download the file nad not to open it on a new tab.i have tried Pdf download from NitroPdf and some time works and some time did not work(dont understand why).the best solution i think is to make links to the code to tell the Pdf open in new window.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard

Ah, I misspoke. I meant to say "in the browser", not "in the reader".
Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 AM   #11
mulosmani

LoL.i understand.can you help me on this please?or to be more clear i can give you access with temviewer to see what happen.