Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Question about Fictionwise pre-orders?

I pre-ordered a Fictionwise book (because of the 100% micropay rebate) which is supposed to be available on November 11. I happen to be up right now and it's past midnight, so technically, November 11. It is showing up in my Bookshelf, but when I try to download it, it says 'error connecting to the secure eReader server.' I tried downloading another secure eReader book and it was fine. So, is the error related to the book being due for release 'today' and not being ready yet? If so, how long should I wait before I can actually download the title? I have never done an e-book pre-order before. This was a new experiment for me.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I have also been able to download my pre-sale books after midnight on the release date in the past. I'm pretty sure I'm in the same timezone as Fictionwise (EDT), so it could have something to do with that. What timezone are you in?

Once (and only once that I know of), Fictionwise offered a book for sale and had the wrong date on it, so when you tried to download it: no luck! But once they realized it, they refunded people's purchases (it had been four months early!)

Otherwise, I'd just suggest: try again later! No fun when you want to read now, I know.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm in Toronto. Where are they?

It's now almost 7 am and it's still not working. But on the book page, it no longer says pre-order. So...where's my book?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Fictionwise always sends me an email telling me when the book is ready to download. Maybe you should contact customer service.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
stxopher
Nameless Being

Haven't had a problem with pre-orders yet but I've only gotten Mobi and Lit pre-orders so far. Hopefully it's just a server glitch. Are you able to pull any other books in the same format with the same DRM from your bookshelf?
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 11:48 AM   #6
ficbot
Wizard

Update: it's working now. I guess I just had to wait
Old 11-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Update: it's working now. I guess I just had to wait
So what book is it that you were so anxious to read that you wanted it at the stroke of midnight?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote