Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 12:04 PM   #1
musemj6
musemj6 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Formatting Dual Language Books

Hey there,

I read a lot of foreign literature, and would like to create a few dual language ebooks. The question I have is what would be the best format to do this in, meaning, should I alternate lines of French/English, or perhaps align the different languages on different sides of the page? What I'll mostly be compiling are dramas, but I could still use some ideas for separating the two languages, so you can read one, and glance over the other. Perhaps Italics?

Matthew
musemj6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I would imagine this to be pretty much impossible without special programming. Alternate lines won’t work because of the flowing text, same for side-by-side.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert