Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
KinCleaner Cleans Notices Which--Ahem--Mostly Started as Recipes

I've written a Windows freeware program to auto-delete Kindle notices.

So what the heck does that have to do with Recipes? Well, on my Kindle, a screen's worth of Recipe-origin Amazon notices pop up daily, telling me that I've exceeded my $0.00 3G download limit. Guessing that people who write recipes also might use them a lot to download scheduled news, I'm hoping this would be an appropriate place to publicize my creation. Here's the KinCleaner web site:

https://sites.google.com/site/kincleaner/

I have some questions you folks may be able to answer:

-- Is there maybe another way, in Calibre, to prevent Kindle notices, that I missed?

-- Do we get notices on all Kindles, or just if you have a model that works with cell phone networks?

-- KinCleaner has only been tested on my Kindle Keyboard 3G. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on other Kindles, but would greatly appreciate if someone would test it for me on an earlier device.

-- KinCleaner has only been tested on 32 bit Windows Vista and XP. I can't imagine that it would have a problem with Win2000 or Windows 7, but can see the possibility of an issue with 64 bit Windows.

So I'd also greatly appreciate if someone could test that.

I realize that these last two requests would take someone a lot of time, and, thus, answers on them may be too much to expect. All input welcome.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote