Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
jamietmob
jamietmob began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
HEEEEELP!

I just got my Pocket Edge from Woot a few days ago, and so far I love it! I have no idea why such a fabulous device didn't go mainstream. At any rate, the only the problem I have is that I've not been able to update to (Ermine) Froyo! I've downloaded the update.zip file and placed it in the root of my USB flash drive. Then I make sure the power is off, and while holding down menu and the screen rotate button I flip the power button. I continue to hold down the power button for 10 seconds, then release them. Nothing happens. My pocket edge just continues to boot up as normal.

What could I possibly be doing wrong???? Any help would be greatly appreciated it! I can't wait to get my hands on the full size version.

jamietmob
jamietmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #2
krewskater
krewskater began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Kindle 3
Is the usb drive formatted to FAT32? If it is NTFS it won't work and I'm not 100% sure but I don't think FAT will work either.
krewskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome, Jamietmob!

There are many good suggestions and instructions in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142035. Hopefully, something in there will work for you if krewskater's very good observation hasn't already cured your PEs ills!

P.S. According the pyxiwulf FAT does work, and might even be better than FAT32.

Last edited by Filark; 07-09-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
jamietmob
jamietmob began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome, Jamietmob!

There are many good suggestions and instructions in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142035. Hopefully, something in there will work for you if krewskater's very good observation hasn't already cured your PEs ills!

P.S. According the pyxiwulf FAT does work, and might even be better than FAT32.

After 2 long days of battling with the manual update, I was directed to the thread listed above, and sure enough my PE is currently updating to Froyo 2.2! Can't wait! After my struggles I want to share what worked for me. It seems I was doing everything right except the renaming part. If you're downloading a zip or winrar file DO NOT RENAME IT TO UPDATE.ZIP! JUST RENAME IT TO "UPDATE". If you attempt to add the .zip portion in Windows you will get a warning saying that the file may become unusable! Thanks to pyxiwulf for the tip!

Love me some Pocket Edge! Can't wait to get my mits on the full size device!

jamietmob
jamietmob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #5
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yes, I've updated two this week with FAT.

Jamietmob, so glad to hear someone's issue was just the naming problem! Such a simple fix!
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamietmob View Post
After 2 long days of battling with the manual update, I was directed to the thread listed above, and sure enough my PE is currently updating to Froyo 2.2! Can't wait! After my struggles I want to share what worked for me. It seems I was doing everything right except the renaming part. If you're downloading a zip or winrar file DO NOT RENAME IT TO UPDATE.ZIP! JUST RENAME IT TO "UPDATE". If you attempt to add the .zip portion in Windows you will get a warning saying that the file may become unusable! Thanks to pyxiwulf for the tip!

Love me some Pocket Edge! Can't wait to get my mits on the full size device!

jamietmob
welcome to the woot PE club
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote