Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #436
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
as I understand:
Those are the books that will GET the latest metadata cover when sent to a device. (you seem to have about 120 that won't)
Thanks !

Is it good or bad? Should I do something about those 3.966 books or about the 120?

I mean, they all look OK to me.

EDIT: Actually, when I run the reverse option - Check non-replaceable cover- , it finds 53 books

Last edited by paulfiera; 05-17-2012 at 11:50 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #437
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Thanks !

Is it good or bad? Should I do something about those 3.966 books or about the 120?

I mean, they all look OK to me.

EDIT: Actually, when I run the reverse option - Check non-replaceable cover- , it finds 53 books
about that one also. No covers for the rest?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #438
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
A book with a replaceable cover is a *good* thing. It means that should you choose to update the cover for the book in your calibre library resulting in one that differs from that already inside the book, that calibre can automatically substitute it into the book when you Send to Device/Save to Disk or use the Modify ePub "Update metadata" option to replace it inline.

A book with a non-replaceable cover is not necessarily a bad thing. It just means that calibre will not replace the internal cover in those above circumstances. If you have no intentions of giving the book a different cover, or don't care about covers at all, then you will obviously not give a jot about either option.

As to why the counts don't add up to 4080 - how many books do you get displayed when you do formats:epub? My guess is 3966 + 53, not 4080?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #439
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
about that one also. No covers for the rest?
Every epub in my library has a cover. I'd bet my farm on it - if I had one.

EDIT: The mystery seems to be solved. There are 62 PDFs in my library.

Last edited by paulfiera; 05-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #440
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
As to why the counts don't add up to 4080 - how many books do you get displayed when you do formats:epub? My guess is 3966 + 53, not 4080?
You're right. formats:epub yields 4.019 books. There are 62 PDFs in my library.
Advert
Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #441
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Is there a way to search which books have a SVG cover & ones that don't ?
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #442
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
+ 1

I started adding SVG covers some months ago and would like to add a SVG cover to all my books,
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #443
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Loving the new cover check options, now if you can finish the add cover to the modify epub plugin I'll be very happy

Thanks for all your hard work kiwidude.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:16 PM   #444
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Perkin - thx, and yeah tentative steps have been taken down the covers route for Modify ePub. But I Keep finding various other things to work on that soak up the spare moments. Next week hopefully there will be a beta available for it if it can get some focus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
Define an svg cover. Do you mean calibre's svg covers, which just wrap around an <image> tag pointing to a .jpg? Or do you mean genuine svg encoded images as provided by some publishers made up of svg data, like that penguin logo...
Old 05-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #445
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Define an svg cover. Do you mean calibre's svg covers, which just wrap around an <image> tag pointing to a .jpg? Or do you mean genuine svg encoded images as provided by some publishers made up of svg data, like that penguin logo...
Yes, I think it's the Calibre's svg, I must have converted some epubs with having the "No SVG Cover" un-ticked (Calibre-Preferences-Output Options) and when I transfer them to my iPad, it shows up with no cover, if I find out with a search using your plugin which ones need redone before I transfer to my iPad, would be great...
Old 05-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #446
kiwidude

v1.8.3 Released

Change in this release:
  • Fix for numerous checks to ensure uppercase file extensions in epub resources are handled correctly
  • Add a "Check unused CSS files" option to find .css or .xpgt files that are in the manifest but not referenced from html pages
  • Add a "Check <guide> broken links" option to find entries in the guide section of the manifest file which do not exist

I think if I add any more ePub checks (which I inevitably will) that Check ePub Structure menu is going to have to be split again, I can imagine on small screens it is pretty hefty. Note you can prevent menu items from appearing in the configuration dialog for this plugin. One possibility was to rename ePub Style to ePub Content, and move the jackets, covers and image related checks items onto it. Or we could have a completely new submenu. Suggestions welcome.

Thx to paulfiera for the PM of an example of the extensions bug. Unfortunately I copied some code from someone else without realising it was flawed, and it got replicated over and over in the plugin. So a whole bunch of checks will behave better now if you have uppercase extensions in the files inside the epub.

@jackie_w - the two new checks above were just for you.

@JayLaFunk - I'm still thinking on the SVG stuff, as I said above the ePub Structure menu needs to be shrunk before I add anything more. However from my testing, if you use Save to Disk (and I presume Send to Device) and your calibre default options have the "No SVG cover" option unticked, then it puts an svg cover in there for you. So why would you need to go through and update your ePubs in calibre first?
Old 05-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #447
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
@jackie_w - the two new checks above were just for you.
Blimey, that was quick, I'm honoured
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #448
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur

Quote:
@JayLaFunk - I'm still thinking on the SVG stuff, as I said above the ePub Structure menu needs to be shrunk before I add anything more. However from my testing, if you use Save to Disk (and I presume Send to Device) and your calibre default options have the "No SVG cover" option unticked, then it puts an svg cover in there for you. So why would you need to go through and update your ePubs in calibre first?
Not sure why it is doing it but since adding new books and ticking the "No SVG Cover" it now shows the cover on my iPad, I don't connect my iPad to calibre, I have a daily scheduled backup of my calibre library to my NAS and then if I want to add books to iBooks, I use an app called Filebrowser to transfer the book(s) by wifi to my iPad but the books that did not have the SVG option ticked do not show the covers and would just like an easy way in calibre with your plugin to see what books have the SVG cover, hope you understand with my explanation
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #449
loximuthal
Connoisseur
loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.loximuthal has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: NST, Kindle Fire, iPad2
Quote:
It converts everything to lowercase. And it doesn't use the path to the image, it strips that and just looks for the image name.
I'm getting a lot of false hits on this issue. It looks like it is comparing the path, and due (I assume) to the check converting to lower case, and the actual path being mixed case, not making the match correctly.

excerpt from log:
The Monkey's Wedding / Joan Aiken
Broken image link in: OEBPS/Text/titlepage.xhtml of ../images/cover.jpeg

actual path to image (which is present) from the file:
../Images/cover.jpeg

Is this making much sense?
loximuthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:56 AM   #450
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
Change in this release:
  • Fix for numerous checks to ensure uppercase file extensions in epub resources are handled correctly
  • Add a "Check unused CSS files" option to find .css or .xpgt files that are in the manifest but not referenced from html pages
  • Add a "Check <guide> broken links" option to find entries in the guide section of the manifest file which do not exist