Notices

Old 08-24-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
lemontree255
lemontree255 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
2 New Kindles?

Can't see another thread about this:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/07/17...th-new-kindle/

Doesn't mean a lot to me if they still are not going to be sold in Europe.
lemontree255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hm, interesting article ! if amazon does decide to take on the textbook market with a larger kindle that could be a huge leap forward for ebooks, with a lot of benefits for students as well... depending on how the textbook publishers decide to present their books. let's hope they don't see it as an opportunity to perfect their racket of generally broke students !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
This is assuming you believe the first Crunchgear article from July. Here was the community take on that one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=crunchgear
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree255 View Post
Can't see another thread about this:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/07/17...th-new-kindle/

Doesn't mean a lot to me if they still are not going to be sold in Europe.
BTW: This is all speculation based on speculation. Personally, I would be very surprised to see a new Kindle this year. Unless by "new" Kindle you mean updated firmware. I wouldn't be surprised to see an firmware update around holiday shopping time. I also wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one either.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
lemontree255
lemontree255 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
BTW: This is all speculation based on speculation. Personally, I would be very surprised to see a new Kindle this year. Unless by "new" Kindle you mean updated firmware. I wouldn't be surprised to see an firmware update around holiday shopping time. I also wouldn't be surprised if there isn't one either.

BOb
Yeah, I suspect you are right, probably nothing more than a nice rumour.

But it was the size of the screen for the large one that was the thing that caught my eye.

8.5×11!! Is that inches?!! That's just huge. Surely that is is the size of the unit, not the screen. Yeah, that doesn't seem to be the most reliable of sites.
lemontree255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #6
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontree255 View Post
8.5×11!! Is that inches?!! That's just huge. Surely that is is the size of the unit, not the screen.
Yes. This almost certainly has the same 9.7" Vizplex screen that other vendors are planning to use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This is no more fact then the number of Kindles sold. So unless we get hard facts, this is all GUESSING! There are Guesses of Sony coming out with new model(s) and Amazon coming out with new model(s) and the number of units sold. ALL GUESSES!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote