Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 04:56 AM   #466
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I would guess muscle. It would be good if you look at bodyfat measurements, as then you'd have a better idea. Also, as you lose weight I believe you need to reduce your intake to continue losing at the same speed. Perhaps you're just starting to approach an actual RDI (but not there yet, still losing, which is good). My partner's weight did that. His graph is a slow curve from steepness to level.

I went from XL to now XS (and buying stuff in the Boys' sections). It's hard on the wallet.

I'm now at 59kg, which is where I want to sit (under 60kg actually, but 59kg gives me a buffer). We did our longest ride yesterday (60km/37mi), which felt pretty good. It hurt, but not enough to swear off doing it again.

Cheers,
Marc
My dietitian takes my measurement sometimes, so we can see how many cm I've lost. Maybe I'll ask her to measure me again when I go next week. I do measure my legs myself, because that's my problem are and I'm now down to -5cm, 5 weeks ago I was down -3,8cm. So it seems I have shrunk a little

XL to XS huh. That's an amazing accomplishment!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:03 AM   #467
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
So about 2 months ago I decided to lose another 3 or 4 kilograms. But I'm getting really demotivated. I've only lost 1,3 kg since the last time I had to go to the dietitian (5 weeks ago)!
It's natural that the lighter you are, the harder it is to lose weight. Fat isn't just passive — it actually increases your energy requirements to support it, so that on a constant calorie diet your weight loss will slow down as you lose weight.

Exercising will also increase your muscle mass, but this is probably a good thing, within reason. Muscle is also denser than fat, so you look slimmer at a given weight if more of it is muscle.

It sounds to me like you're doing really well, and that you're doing all the right things. That the loss is slow is probably a good thing. Even if your rate slows a little more, you should be where you want to be in no more than another three months.

As for me: I'm still hovering three kilos or so above where I want to be. I think I might actually need to do a little exercise. Ugh.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #468
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
While I still weigh daily, I am now focussing on measuring my belly circumference because I, too, am frustrated trying to lose those last few pounds. I killed myself exercising this past week but gained a pound. But I really do look and feel better than I did just a week ago. Still, I won't be satisfied until I'm 148 lbs. Today, I'm 154.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:31 AM   #469
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Posted elsewhere previously, but I thought this might be of interest...?

Spoiler:
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #470
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I'm still working on this but I've lost 52 lbs. since early April. Currently at 164 lbs. I have another 10 or so more to lose. But I feel great! Any other updates?
Drat! I posted that in December. I've lost a whole bloody 10 pounds in 7 months.
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 07:41 AM   #471
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
While I still weigh daily, I am now focussing on measuring my belly circumference because I, too, am frustrated trying to lose those last few pounds. I killed myself exercising this past week but gained a pound. But I really do look and feel better than I did just a week ago. Still, I won't be satisfied until I'm 148 lbs. Today, I'm 154.
I think it's really weird that you can actually feel weight loss. I've never felt so 'light' in my whole life. It sounds weird, but it sort of feels like I'm gliding across the ground instead of walking upon it Weird ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Posted elsewhere previously, but I thought this might be of interest...?

Spoiler:
That's awesome, and I think very good for to stay motivated!
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #472
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Drat! I posted that in December. I've lost a whole bloody 10 pounds in 7 months.
I've been at a plateau (if that's the right word when considering a descent) for the past few months.

I don't think you should be too hard on yourself over these last four pounds though. You've achieve a large amount of weight loss, and now you need to be into long-term weight maintenance. And looked at in terms of the next ten years, having lost ten pounds over the last seven months is great! Lose the next four over the next seven months, if it takes that long, and then just maintain.

So many people crash diet and then revert to bad habits and pile it all back on (& more) within the course of a year or so. To have lost steadily at a sensible rate and maintain that loss in the long-term, is what we're all aiming for, and you seem to have (so far) achieved it. Congratulations!

Sigh... I too would like to get rid of the last two or three kilos. But it will come. Hopefully by the end of the year, if not sooner.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #473
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Of course, you're right. I'm aware that I'm fortunate and I'm grateful for it. But when you set your goal and it's takes ten times longer to reach it, it's really annoying. I'd just like to be able to stop exercising quite so much (an hour a day now) and start eating just a wee bit more. But I can't do that until I've reached my goal and now I'm wondering if I will ever do that.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #474
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Of course, you're right. I'm aware that I'm fortunate and I'm grateful for it. But when you set your goal and it's takes ten times longer to reach it, it's really annoying. I'd just like to be able to stop exercising quite so much (an hour a day now) and start eating just a wee bit more. But I can't do that until I've reached my goal and now I'm wondering if I will ever do that.
I have kind of hit a wall, too, with only about 5 lbs left to lose. The irony is that I lost the main part of the weight (25 lbs) without exercising since I was dealing with some health issues. Now that I'm briskly walking an hour or more every morning, I've hardly lost at all while maintaining the same diet. I've been tracking calories through "My Fitness Pal," however, and they strongly advocate that you eat BACK the calories you burn off through exercise since your original weight loss set-up already has you eating at a calorie deficit designed to make you lose weight. I'm toying with that, trying to track the calories I burn and then eating them extra throughout the day, and you know what? My weight has finally started to nudge downward again. Interesting, though, that I had a much easier time losing weight when I didn't have to take exercise into consideration and just counted calories. The body is a mysterious machine...
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #475
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
I'd just like to be able to stop exercising quite so much (an hour a day now) and start eating just a wee bit more. But I can't do that until I've reached my goal and now I'm wondering if I will ever do that.
No, pretty much you'll never be able to do that. You were used to a high calorie diet, needed to maintain (or increase) your excess weight.

Now you aren't maintaining those 62lbs of excess weight, your daily energy requirement has reduced by at least 300 calories*, and perhaps considerably more.

If you exercise less and eat more, the weight will go back on.

You can exercise a little less, but be prepared to also cut back on your food intake a little as well, to balance the energy you're no longer expending.

*Although I haven't found an explicit source, calorie requirement calculations indicated that at least 6 calories per pound of weight are needed each day to maintain weight (in addition to other amounts based on height and age and a base load).
Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #476
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Thanks a lot, Paul (I had to search for a while before I've found where you've hidden it! )

Edit: Oh, I guess my post doesn't make any sense anymore

Last edited by Billi; 10-09-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #477
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
ISigh... I too would like to get rid of the last two or three kilos. But it will come. Hopefully by the end of the year, if not sooner.
Well the good news is that I still weigh the same as I did in July. That's without actually doing much checking on myself in the meantime.

The bad news is that I still have three kilos I'd like to lose.

The good news is that once I have lost that weight, it looks like I should be able to maintain my new weight without too much difficulty.

We'll see how the next couple of months goes, as I make a determined effort. Re-starting Scottish Country Dancing should help too. Three hours of aerobic exercise on Monday evenings.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-14-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #478
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Not on diet as such. But I've adopted the lifestyle of LCHF. Since I started 3-4 months ago I've lost 6 kgs.

(And since it is only Burma/Myanmar, USA and Liberia who have not adopted the metric system, they can find and do the coversions themselves. This is my little revoluton against "the rest of the world" should do as "the big country" does or does not)
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #479
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Not on diet as such. But I've adopted the lifestyle of LCHF.
LCHF?
Old 10-14-2011, 08:26 AM   #480
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
LCHF?
Low Carb High Fat, I believe.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote