Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Having problem; mobi2oeb then opening the html in BookDesigner

So, I had an AZW file that had some format issues that bugged me. So, I de-drm'ed it. I ran mobi2oeb which generated the html and images folder and then tried to open the html file in BookDesigner. BookDesigner essentially just stays blank with a message at the bottom that says looking for styles, be patient, may take long time...exactly how long a time? I gave up and killed the process after a while.

At one point, I played with the settings and when I "unchecked" keep original format it did open almost immediately. But then as I began trying to edit it (delete some lines, etc.) it hung and became "not responding".

Any suggestions.

Vista Business 32 FWIW.

Brief update...if I understand correctly, BookDesigner utilizes MS Word for some stuff? I have Office 2003 installed. I tried using Word to open the html file directly and word hangs.

Last edited by texasnightowl; 03-03-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: more info
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
there seems to be something wrong with the HTML then, Open it in a Txt Reader (I Love Notepad++), and Strip out all the CSS at the top.

Oh yeah, and if you dont like the formatting of a file, contact Amazon and tell them, they will give you a refund, and pass on the word to the publisher.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh yeah, there was something wrong with the html alright. I did open the html in a text editor. There were using "div" code for empty lines between paragraphs. Fine. Except, they weren't closing them on the same line. At the end of the file I had hundreds of "/div" s. Lines and lines of them. Once I deleted those, it opened much easier.

And yeah, for the first time I did contact Amazon and tell them to take it back because the formatting sucked. (I could have lived with the extra lines between paragraphs; 2 instead of 1 or 0; but by the third time a paragraph "broke" while the same character was still speaking, I was "upset".)
Old 03-03-2009, 11:51 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
lol thats terrible.

im glad you got it sorted out.

was it a small publication or one of the best sellers?
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
texasnightowl
Guru

bestseller...Promises in Death by J.D. Robb
Advert