Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
iBooks and Collections

I notice that there seems to be no support (at the moment at least0 for iBooks Collections. I was wondering if this was due to the fact that the necessary interfaces are not available in iTunes, or simply that it had not yet been programmed?

This question was more from idle curiosity than any driving need. As the iDevice interface nicely supports Series doing the work on my iPad to move books into collections is not at all onerous.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I notice that there seems to be no support (at the moment at least0 for iBooks Collections. I was wondering if this was due to the fact that the necessary interfaces are not available in iTunes, or simply that it had not yet been programmed?

This question was more from idle curiosity than any driving need. As the iDevice interface nicely supports Series doing the work on my iPad to move books into collections is not at all onerous.
There is an existing feature enhancement ticket requesting that calibre support the Collections feature in iBooks 1.2.

Calibre's iDevice driver communicates with the iDevice exclusively through iTunes automation, and it appears that iTunes does not currently support assigning books to collections - as far as I can tell, it can only be done directly on the device.

For now, that means it won't be possible to implement this feature within calibre.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert