Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 PM   #946
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Granted. You can now not stop thinking of perry.

I wish Fred Goodwin would get what he deserves, and not what he wants...

(hmmm... Temptation for Vent and Rant thread.....)
Granted. Fred Goodwin will get the massive large pension he has legally and correctly earned, rather than forgiveness from the public.

I wish I'd not drunk as much last weekend.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #947
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Granted. You can now not stop thinking of perry.
I have discovered that I like cider. I have tried it once before, and, though I can't remember which brand it was, thought, "meh". However, I this time tried one called Gaymers, and it was rather nice.

The point is do either of you two (or anyone else) have any other recommendations?

Also, to Halk, granted - instead you will drink twice as much this weekend.

I wish we'd installed an escalator so I didn't have to bucket two cubic metres of mulch up our front stairs.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #948
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I wish we'd installed an escalator so I didn't have to bucket two cubic metres of mulch up our front stairs.

Cheers,
Marc
Granted. Unfortunately the steps are twice the height of your current ones, and it's broken...

I wish it was two hours ago.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #949
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
I have discovered that I like cider. I have tried it once before, and, though I can't remember which brand it was, thought, "meh". However, I this time tried one called Gaymers, and it was rather nice.

The point is do either of you two (or anyone else) have any other recommendations?

Also, to Halk, granted - instead you will drink twice as much this weekend.

Cheers,
Marc
Granted, but the escalator only goes down.

Excellent choice of beverage for a hot summer's day. Choose the driest you can get so it's not so sweet. Here is a favourite from our Okanagan Valley.

I wish for a hot summer's day.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 02-26-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: fixed link
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #950
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
The yeti likes a cold Magners with ice
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:15 AM   #951
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I wish it was two hours ago.
Granted. It's now two hours prior to when you posted. Thus throwing the whole world back into February!

I wish my browser hadn't just crashed.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:57 AM   #952
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
I wish my browser hadn't just crashed.
Granted! Your browser can't crash because your computer is not working at all.

I wish that my mobile phone carrier didn't send me "special offer" text messages while I'm trying to sleep.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM   #953
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Granted! Your browser can't crash because your computer is not working at all.

I wish that my mobile phone carrier didn't send me "special offer" text messages while I'm trying to sleep.
Granted, but you'll become addicted to MobileRead and never try to sleep again.

I wish I had bought the "M$ Office Home & Student Edition" when it was only $59.00 last fall, because now I want it and it cost $159.00.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-10-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #954
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Granted, but now it's back at last fall and you have to put up with me whining about the winter for five months, all over.

I wish it woud farking warm up!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #955
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Granted, but now it's back at last fall and you have to put up with me whining about the winter for five months, all over.

I wish it woud farking warm up!
Granted, but it gets so hot that all the paint peels off your Hiawatha statue and has to be repainted in even more garish colours.

I wish it would stop raining and the sun come out and warm up so that I could go for a bike ride.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:14 AM   #956
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:

Gaymers have recently changed the recipe of their Blackthorn cider; sparking nationwide controversy and large scale protests. (Actually a couple of drinkers in a West Country pub have said they didn't like it ).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #957
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Granted, but you'll become addicted to MobileRead and never try to sleep again.

I wish I had bought the "M$ Office Home & Student Edition" when it was only $59.00 last fall, because now I want it and it cost $159.00.
Are you sure it's not still $59?

http://www.microsoft.com/student/dis...s/default.aspx

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:34 AM   #958
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Gaymers have recently changed the recipe of their Blackthorn cider; sparking nationwide controversy and large scale protests. (Actually a couple of drinkers in a West Country pub have said they didn't like it ).
Cider isn't overly popular here, so we've probably got stuff first bottled in 2005. Anyway, I suppose if it's got more "mellow" and less "dry", I'd probably actually like it more. (Note, all recommendations from cider drinkers are still very much welcome)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I wish it would stop raining and the sun come out and warm up so that I could go for a bike ride.
Granted: it has stopped raining in Noosa, and the sun always comes out, it's just hidden by clouds. As for warming up, have you ever been to the sun? I went once, and got some bloody bad sunburn...well, technically, it was so bad it was boneburn, and right now I'm just a column of coherent plasma faking corporeality (he he he, I said "bone").

I wish I had three more wishes.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #959
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Name:  genie-01.gif
Views: 167
Size:  66.9 KB
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #960
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Granted. You had three wishes, and a full day to use them. That day being exactly one year ago.

I wish for Buck Rogers.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness