Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #16
OverByter
OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverByter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
There's versions of both the Kindle and moonreader + apps listed over at xda that will run fine on the NST, also as has been mentioned there's no need to repartition the Nook for user space, just insert a card or if rooted move your side loaded files anywhere you want.
OB
OverByter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I've switched to Mantano on the NST. Looks great.

However page turning on the NST seems a lot slower than on my other e-ink devices.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #18
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
After rooting the NST, is it possible to fix that rather annoying space at the top of the screen using the nook's built-in reading app?

Also can one change the default font on a rooted NST?
Use aireader to get rid of the space.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #19
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I've switched to Mantano on the NST. Looks great.

However page turning on the NST seems a lot slower than on my other e-ink devices.
I dont find that. Did yoi switch off animations?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had not switched them off. Now that I have done so, I detect no difference. Page turns are still slower than on my Sony T2.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
Rizla
Member Retired

Try Coolreader. Mine is about as fast as a PW2. Montano is a heavier reader than Coolreader.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Ok I installed cool reader and adjusted it to my liking. With one exception: it does not preserve paragraph spacing. If I recall, I have run into this problem with Cool Reader on other devices. I will check and compare. Perhaps there is a setting to preserve them, but I have not found it.

Speaking of which, I have done it recently, and searched for it extensively last night, but can't remember how to remove the setting which chooses the default reader. Do you know where to remove the default?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #23
zer0aster
zer0aster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
That's one thing. Apparently it also doesn't work with the Kindle app. Anything else that won't run under 2.1?
Kindle app is fine on mine (running firmware 1.2.1).

Some of my favourite apps that DO work:
Lastpass
Evernote
Gnotes
K9 email
Guardian (newspaper)
BBC News
Opera
Dolphin (with Lastpass & Xmarks)
Met Office Weather
Kobo

Somethings I would like to work, but DON'T:
Wunderlist
Contacts (something that syncs with gmail or icloud)
zer0aster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #24
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
It will only run 2.1 but that has proved adequate for nearly everything I want to do with it. I don't know why people keep saying it's next-to-useless. What do they want to install on it that 2.1 won't handle?
Google Play books (will load, shows my books, can't open them)
Kobo (same issue as Google Play)
SCV - manga reader I had on my first rooted Nook STR, but won't work on the STR Glow
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote