Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
Fugubot
Connoisseur
Fugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watchFugubot is clearly one to watch

Device: Sony Reader
An address book for Sony Reader?

I'd like to keep my Outlook Contacts in my Sony Reader. Even though a cell phone can keep some of this info, a lot more information is available in Outlook that I'd like to have with me. Calendar of appointments would be great too.

I was able to get an okay version of my Contacts by printing from Outlook to a pdf - page size 5.24 inches x 6.69. However the pages come out as the upper left quarter of an 8x11 page. I then opened the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro and cropped it to the correct page size. 500 pages - 400k. Pretty small.

I think an RTF file would be better but there's no way to save Outlook data to RTF as far as I can tell? Anyone have any suggestions?
Fugubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
SoCal Bob
Connoisseur
SoCal Bob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader, iLiad, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugubot
I'd like to keep my Outlook Contacts in my Sony Reader. Even though a cell phone can keep some of this info, a lot more information is available in Outlook that I'd like to have with me. Calendar of appointments would be great too.

I was able to get an okay version of my Contacts by printing from Outlook to a pdf - page size 5.24 inches x 6.69. However the pages come out as the upper left quarter of an 8x11 page. I then opened the file in Adobe Acrobat Pro and cropped it to the correct page size. 500 pages - 400k. Pretty small.

I think an RTF file would be better but there's no way to save Outlook data to RTF as far as I can tell? Anyone have any suggestions?
It sounds like problem you are having with the PDF output is that you are printing to an 8.5X11 page. If you define a custom page size to match the reader (I followed the instructions on this Board and created a permanent page size "Sony Reader" , but you can make a custom one time page for the print job) you will get more satisfactory results.

I do wonder though how you will locate an entry, in a database of any size with the lack of search function on the Reader.
SoCal Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
dsuden
Connoisseur
dsuden doesn't litterdsuden doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader
Outputting Outlook to Sony Reader

Can Outlook output html? If so, Kovid's html2rlf could get you the rest of the way. I'm having great success converting files with it from HTML.
dsuden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #4
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuden View Post
Can Outlook output html? If so, Kovid's html2rlf could get you the rest of the way. I'm having great success converting files with it from HTML.
There's no full address book output option or "Save As..." box in Outlook. From the wording of the post, I am assuming that fugubot is using the Print function to "Print to PDF."

Individual address data can be saved in HTML. Perhaps a script to go through an entire address book and append each address to the same HTML file?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote