Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
So why was my vote for Candy removed? I can't nominate, withdraw nomination, and then vote for it when someone else nominates it?
I swear to whatever Powers That Be I'm going to start a second thread just to keep up with your vote.

Are you giving the nod to Candy or not?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I swear to whatever Powers That Be I'm going to start a second thread just to keep up with your vote. Are you giving the nod to candy or not?
Yes he is.

He originally removed his nomination at the request of Jon, who said it was not available as an ebook. Then he decided to renominate it, once it was determined that the book is in fact available as an ebook. So, Candy should officially have 3 nods and therefore be fully nominated!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-21-2012 at 08:01 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
The Kobo store had Maxwell Kenton's Candy, available for download as Adobe DRM epub:

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Candy...0Sg/page1.html
I've already looked at Kobo. You missed this one line at Kobo.

Download options: Adobe DRM PDF
Old 01-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Candy is also available on Fictionwise, so there is absolutely no reason at all to withdraw the nomination! And the suggestion to do so kind of p****s me off! Serioulsy, one simple Google search and I found it!

http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b2...l-Kenton/?si=0
I didn't look at Fictionwise as I don't look there any longer because they don't have all that much that I am interested in in a format I'm willing to pay for. But every other site I looked at it was PDF only including Kobo.
Advert
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
This is NOT a category I particularly like, but I second Anyone But You by Jennifer Crusie
(It was a freebie somewhere at some point so I actually have it, and might as well read it... No deeper reason than that! It should be pretty quick read.)
If you want a quick read where half of it is a mystery then give Remember When a third. It (IMHO) the best book (currently nominated) for those who do not like romance even thought it is romance.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Yes he is.

He originally removed his nomination at the request of Jon, who said it was not available as an ebook. Then he decided to renominate it, once it was determined that the book is in fact available as an ebook. So, Candy should officially have 3 nods and therefore be fully nominated!
I did an Inkmesh search for Candy and all I could find was PDF format. I didn't even find it at Amazon as an eBook. I did not check Fictionwise where it is multi-format DRM free. But all the biggies and the ones from Inkmesh were either not available or PDF.

I am glad to be proven incorrect. But to be honest, I think if I had not mentioned that all I could find was PDF, I think others would had the same findings if it was to win.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #53
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you want a quick read where half of it is a mystery then give Remember When a third. It (IMHO) the best book (currently nominated) for those who do not like romance even thought it is romance.
I wouldn't describe 518 pages as a quick read.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
I wouldn't describe 518 pages as a quick read.
It's only about 397 pages as an eBook. It's one of those books that is a quick read. The J.D. Robb section is a very quick read. You get into it and when you look up, you go "I've read that many pages? Wow!"
Old 01-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I swear to whatever Powers That Be I'm going to start a second thread just to keep up with your vote.

Are you giving the nod to Candy or not?
Yes I wish to vote Candy into the fully nominated list. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #56
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Yes I wish to vote Candy into the fully nominated list. Sorry if I caused any confusion.
Thank you and no problem at all.

We now have 5 fully nominated books and it is updated to this post.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #57
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
One small problem with Remember when though: It's part of a series (At least the second -more interesting IMHO- part, and it's not the first in the series. Therefor should not be open for nomination, according to some...

(I agree it sounds interesting though - if I could only bear the Nora Roberts half.)

Last edited by Asawi; 01-22-2012 at 04:48 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #58
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Quote:
I've already looked at Kobo. You missed this one line at Kobo.

Download options: Adobe DRM PDF
You're right. I read it too quickly, sorry. I would be reading it in Kobo myself, if it won.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #59
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Remember When just needs a third to be able to be voted on. So let's give it a go.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #60
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Political Pandering....

If mikaelalind, Asawi, JSWolf or CarolineNH would please 3rd Sex on Tuesdays by June Whyte, then I will in turn 3rd Anyone but you by Jennifer Crusie for mikaelalind & Asawi, OR Remember When By Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb for JSWolf & CarolineNH.

Please & Thank You
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote