Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
redryder
redryder began at the beginning.

Device: none
Converting a problematic HTML to epub

Hi guys,

I have this book in html format. All the files are in one folder, i.e. gifs and html files. The first file is cover.html, and there is one link to page1.html within cover.html. And in page1.html there is a link to page2, and so on.

In order to convert this folder of 200+ html files into 1 epub, what do I need to do?

The gifs are also important and I want to retain them.
redryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder View Post
Hi guys,

I have this book in html format. All the files are in one folder, i.e. gifs and html files. The first file is cover.html, and there is one link to page1.html within cover.html. And in page1.html there is a link to page2, and so on.

In order to convert this folder of 200+ html files into 1 epub, what do I need to do?

The gifs are also important and I want to retain them.
Chained files are not the best way.

Read the manual
http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....specific-order

If the Index file will use the GIF's as placed (in the document), Import the Index into Calibre, it will bring in all the referenced pieces
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert