Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 08-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
901hw
Connoisseur
901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is901hw knows what time it is

Device: Trekstor Pyrus Mini, PB Touch Lux 2, Onxy Boox C67ML (maybe))
Ereader for $100 including shipping

Hi
I would love to buy a basic used ereader with eink screen to tide me over till christmas when I am hoping to buy a new one with touch etc.. It doesnt need to have anything special except basic pdf support and hopefully the possibility to change to landscape viewing if needed. As I am in Germany, shipping would probably be around $10. I dont want to pay much more than $100 including shipping although less would be nice! If more then the reader should have some extra functions like highlighting or sth like that.
Maybe someone who has bought one of the new $99 readers which are on sale at sears for example and isnt happy with it??
Thanks for your help
901hw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
901hw, maybe a jetBook for $89.99 will fit the bill.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...iption=jetbook
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It should be mentioned that the OP asked for an e-ink Reader.

If the OP is reading this post, then he may decide to explore a jetBook, but it is not e-ink.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Don, you're right! Whenever I see a newbie requesting eInk, I just subconsciously assume that he means non-backlit, and since I prefer the reflective TFT screen to the eInk vizplex, I just move forward without thinking.

But you're quite right, the jetBook has a reflective TFT non-backlit screen, not the eInk screen requested.

By the way, I see that today is the feast day of St. Rose of Lima. Is this a holiday in your neck of the woods?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Don, you're right! Whenever I see a newbie requesting eInk, I just subconsciously assume that he means non-backlit, and since I prefer the reflective TFT screen to the eInk vizplex, I just move forward without thinking.

But you're quite right, the jetBook has a reflective TFT non-backlit screen, not the eInk screen requested.

By the way, I see that today is the feast day of St. Rose of Lima. Is this a holiday in your neck of the woods?
Wow, you made a light turn on for me today. One of our local hospitals is St. Rose de Lima. Now I see where that came from...

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
I PM'ed you, but wanted to be sure you saw this listing: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95566 . We could work a little on price, if you're interested
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote