Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you ever re-read a favotire book only to find out it was terrible
Yes, It happens to the best of us! 19 45.24%
No way, I have and always had great taste! 15 35.71%
Other way around - I re-read a book that I thought was terrible, and now I think it's great! 8 19.05%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
Jules Verne. I tried to read as an adult. Well, it is not the same.... Better stick to the memories.
Really? For me, books like "A Journey to the Interior of the Earth" are truly timeless. Verne didn't write for children - I know that I enjoy them a lot more as an adult than I did as a teenager. One of Verne's books in particular, "The Mysterious Island", I'd put on my list of all-time favourite books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:29 PM   #17
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
I found that Asimov's works haven't held up well for me, and I now wish I hadn't re-read anything. A while back I was feeling nostalgic and bought some of his stories from Fictionwise and was shocked by how bad they were. The stories were from late in his career, so I thought I'd go back and re-read some of his "classic" novels that I had enjoyed so much as a teenager. Unfortunately, they didn't fare any better. I wont go into any specific complaints as I don't want to deter anyone else's enjoyment.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Never happens to me. I only re-read something it if was just outstanding. Usually, ones I re-read are also classics, so I'm not relying on my judgment from another period of life.

The only book I read as a youth that I would read again is The Hobbit.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #19
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Just recently reread both Little Women and Little Men, both of which I loved as a child.

LW - better than I remember it. This book has much more depth than it's given credit for - I found myself still marveling at it.

LM, on the other hand, hm. Cute, but not really all that much to it, for all the fact that I once adored it.

Didn't really care all that much for Jo's Boys as a child. Guess I'll have to reread it, too, and see what I think of it now.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poll