Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
hallo I am new here

For chrismas I have got a sony 700, and now I read in this forum that it ist not the best choice, so I ask myself to sell it and wait for an other one, may be the foxit reader. What do you think?
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do you like it? If you are happy with it, then relax and enjoy.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
It's not the best one for some people. It depends on what you need. Is there something you don't like about it?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #4
sammy
Connoisseur

It is my first reader and I have to have a very bright light around me to read it, but I dont know, if other readers would be better to read. I think the touchscreen is very usefull and it seems to me to be very quick...
Old 12-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
It is my first reader and I have to have a very bright light around me to read it, but I dont know, if other readers would be better to read. I think the touchscreen is very usefull and it seems to me to be very quick...
Well your Reader has a built in light. Lighting for reading a regular book is what you need for the PRS700. If that is all you are worried about, you should be good
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 06:31 PM   #6
sammy
Connoisseur

I think I need more light for the sony, then for a regular book, is this the same with other readers? The lcd-lamps in the sony reader are strange, very strange. But may be you are right, I go on testing my new reader
Old 12-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
For chrismas I have got a sony 700, and now I read in this forum that it ist not the best choice, so I ask myself to sell it and wait for an other one, may be the foxit reader. What do you think?
Sammy, are you happy with it?
Does it do what you need it too?
Does it feel good in yours hands?

Then its probably the right one for you. There will always be other opinions. Just do whats right for you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have yet to see one reader that is perfect for everyone. I first bought a Kindle, then bought a Sony 505 before the 700 was announced. Hubby bought me the lighted cover for the Sony and that's just plum brilliant -- wish I could get a similar one for the Kindle. I even installed the MobiPocket Reader software onto my Blackberry and have a book loaded into it for those times that "stealth reading" seems called for. Each of the devices I have bring their own positives and negatives. As the others have said, if your reader is meeting your needs and you are happy with it, then you have made a good choice.

Oh yes -- welcome to MobileRead. Thanks for introducing yourself. Please join in discussions, not only about your Sony Reader or choosing a different device, but also about the kinds of books you like to read. I've gotten some excellent recommendations for new books to read (as if I needed to add any more books to my "to-be-read" list).
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
sammy
Connoisseur

I am not sure if I am happy with it, I am still testing it, but one ist sure it feels good in my hand thats right. But it is not easy to read with it...
Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I am not sure if I am happy with it, I am still testing it, but one ist sure it feels good in my hand thats right. But it is not easy to read with it...
It might be that it isn't very clear. The 700 doesn't display as crisply as the 505. Since you already have it, I would try it out for a while, and if you're happy with it, keep it. But you shouldn't need more light than any other reader.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
sammy
Connoisseur

Ok I am going to use it. Thank you very much, now I am not so puzzeled any more
Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #12
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy e-reading sammy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #13
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sammy and welcome to the Forum. I had teh same second thoughts about the 505 but I stuck with it and am very glad I did.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote