Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
Custom Column - Days_Between

Good morning I need help creating a custom column. I have tried and I just can't make it work.

I have a column:
Lookup name: releasedate
Column heading: Release-Date
Column Type: Date

This column is a manually entered date for expected publication date.

What I would like is a custom column for days between calculating the days between today and releasedate. I know there is a function today(), and a function days_between but I can't figure out how to use them. I also can't figure out if I need to create a separate custom column for today first.

Someone please help. Thank you.
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Create a custom column "built from other columns". Assuming that #releasedate is in the future and that you want to see a positive number, using template program mode the template for the new column is
Code:
{#releasedate:'days_between($, today())'}
Using general program mode the template is
Code:
program: days_between(field('#releasedate'), today())
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
rifka
Enthusiast
rifka began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad, Sony, Kobo
Thank you. worked like a charm
rifka is offline   Reply With Quote