Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
AP Science News Problem on Nook Color

The "AP News" subsection titled AP Science News does not work correctly with my Nook Color. All the other sections of the "AP News" will work properly but when it comes to the AP Science News Section only the summaries show. When I click to read the full story, the Nook Color immediately closes out of the "AP News" altogether and takes me back to the Main Nook Library.

FYI, I notice that I can read the AP Science news section on my PC using Calibre. However, even there the story does not end with the customary Calibre identification of the URL for where Calibre downloaded that story from.

I wonder if that missing element is what somehow triggers the abort when I try to read the same article on the Nook Color.

I don't have similar problems with other new like the Wall Street Journal (free) or the Washington Post.
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp1946 View Post
The "AP News" subsection titled AP Science News does not work correctly with my Nook Color. All the other sections of the "AP News" will work properly but when it comes to the AP Science News Section only the summaries show. When I click to read the full story, the Nook Color immediately closes out of the "AP News" altogether and takes me back to the Main Nook Library.

FYI, I notice that I can read the AP Science news section on my PC using Calibre. However, even there the story does not end with the customary Calibre identification of the URL for where Calibre downloaded that story from.

I wonder if that missing element is what somehow triggers the abort when I try to read the same article on the Nook Color.

I don't have similar problems with other new like the Wall Street Journal (free) or the Washington Post.
There is some bad html that your Nook won't handle. You can try removing bits of the page causing trouble until you find it.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert