Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 04:23 AM   #1
77ja55
77ja55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Any way to keep html links in tact on single document when converted?

hello, I have a doc file that is a long reference work that was given a rudimentary table of contents by someone bookmarking each section and creating a hyperlink to that bookmark. It is quite long so the bookmarks are necessary. I converted it to html and RTF & PDF all the links work perfectly, however, whenever I convert it with calibre, none of the hyperlinks work. I have tried mobi and epub, and the hyperlinks all fail. Is there a way to get them to recognize them? Thanks for the help.
77ja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What format are you using in Calibre as the 'from' format? I would have thought that your best chance was to save the .doc file as 'Web Page (filtered)' and convert from that format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ja55 View Post
I have a doc file that is a long reference work that was given a rudimentary table of contents by someone bookmarking each section and creating a hyperlink to that bookmark. It is quite long so the bookmarks are necessary. I converted it to html and RTF & PDF all the links work perfectly
Converted it to or saved as html and RTF & PDF via Word?

Quote:
however, whenever I convert it with calibre
Convert what? Calibre doesn't convert doc files so you need to let us know what you are converting so we can help.

Quote:
none of the hyperlinks work. I have tried mobi and epub, and the hyperlinks all fail.
You didn't say what format you were using for the conversions.

If I had a doc file I would save it as html filtered or web page filtered or some such filtered. I would add that html to calibre and convert it to ePub and expect the links to be maintained through the conversion.

Unfortunately at this point I have no idea what you are trying to convert.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
77ja55
77ja55 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry for the lack of info. I meant save, not convert. I had imported the html version, but I just read your comment and realize I didn't do the "filtered" html, I had no idea what that was. Just did it and it works perfectly! Thank you for all your help!
77ja55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Sorry for the lack of info. I meant save, not convert. I had imported the html version, but I just read your comment and realize I didn't do the "filtered" html, I had no idea what that was. Just did it and it works perfectly! Thank you for all your help!
I'm glad you got it to work and welcome to Mobileread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert