Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Talking Calibre to Arcchos 70b

can I do this? I have Calibre running on Ubuntu and Winxp. Ive plugged the tablet into my Linux machine and my Win machine. Neither Calibre recognizes the tablet. I am using Calibre .8.31. Ubuntu doesn't recognize the tablet as a disk drive but Win does. I am unsure what folder to just copy the books to. What if I just made up a folder like eBooks and put the books there? I don't want to mess up the file structure though in case it must be named something else.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3aul View Post
can I do this? I have Calibre running on Ubuntu and Winxp. Ive plugged the tablet into my Linux machine and my Win machine. Neither Calibre recognizes the tablet. I am using Calibre .8.31. Ubuntu doesn't recognize the tablet as a disk drive but Win does. I am unsure what folder to just copy the books to. What if I just made up a folder like eBooks and put the books there? I don't want to mess up the file structure though in case it must be named something else.
Thanks,
Paul
First of all, your version is slightly old (Repository version are outdated before they get released).
The command line shown on the Calibre Linux download page work quite well with Ubuntu

Read this help pagehttp://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq.html#id32 and see if that helps in Linux.

Tablet? What model
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The folder depends on which ebook reader app you use. For ePubs, there are several to choose from. One of the most popular is Mantano, see Kindle Fire will read epub (which discusses several apps and is mostly applicable to any mainstream Android tablet). With Mantano you can choose which folder(s) to use for your library.

As a start, use "Save to disk" from winxp.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #4
p3aul
Captain Courageous
p3aul doesn't litterp3aul doesn't litter

Device: calibre, PRS 505
Thanks Wallcraft. Calibre doesn't "See" the tablet(Archos 70b as stated above). If I just copied and pasted an ebook into internal memory or sdcard , I wouldn't know what folder to put it in.
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Thanks Wallcraft. Calibre doesn't "See" the tablet(Archos 70b as stated above). If I just copied and pasted an ebook into internal memory or sdcard , I wouldn't know what folder to put it in.
If it is detected by WinXP as an external disk, then you can use Send to Disk, and Calibre will write the ebooks for you.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
The Correct one for your reading app
You need to research that APP's forum for that info
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote