Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx I86 HDML Plus, PB626_2, Entourage Pocket Edge, LGGPad, LGG2
Case for Pocket Edge - Where to buy?

Hi together,

a few minutes ago, I bought a Pocket Edge for my sister at eBay.
Now I am looking to find a matching case for this reader.
Seems not to be easy, cause this device is a little plump in all.
What cases do you apply to transport you devices in?
Anyone an idea where to buy such?
Cause I am living in Germany, a seller or webshop from this country will be my favored one.

Btw. for myself, I am searching a Edge in 10". Anybody get one as spare and wanna sell it?
VWeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Have you seen it yet? It's heavy! I didn't buy a hard case at all (although I'd imagine that, perhaps in heavy-traveling situations, you'd perhaps want one). I bought a sleeve. Why don't you wait until you get it, and then decide? This afternoon, I spent four hours on the PE, with a reader-software suggested by a member on this forum. The darn device is so heavy, I had to prop it sideways on my ribs!
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
The simplest way of getting a case is to look for a case for a netbook in one of the local discount stores - I got one for an 11 inch netbook for my EE and power supply and odd cables etc. and it cost the grand sum of € 5.50.

If you are looking for an EE then contact mrspaceman as he has his for sale, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166285
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #4
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Hello,
Thank you both for your tips very much.

The circumstance that my sister is a NOP more than me in computers and unfortunetely she is living 200 miles away from my city makes it necessary to buy all she need for using the PE to my address. Here I can perform all installations and settings ready to use and then send the package completely finished to her.
My sister knows about the really heavy weight of this device, but she told that's OK to her - my pocketbook IQ 701 is not really more less in weight.
I got the dimensions of the PE, so I may search a suitable case for this - but it seems to be non standard dimensions the PE has.
I am looking to find a tighty matching case, cause everytime the backpack of my sister is full of other stuff ;-)

The 10" EE from mrspaceman I saw and wrote him my interest in this device.
Unfortunately he would'nt send outside the UK although it won't be a problem in all.
Perhaps some other has a EE for sending it to Germany also. Would be fine.

Reason for the decision to buy a 10"-Reader additionaly to my existing 603Pro and IQ701 is, in past I scanned all my Asterix-Comics and made some PDFs from them. But in in the other readers they will displayed to small to may read all the text unfortunetely. Cause of this I wanna get a 10" device also.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #5
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
http://www.ebookreaderdiscounter.com...soires/covers/
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Hello Obsessed,

thank you also.
Meanwhile I found two cases that should match to the PE.
One of them is a hardcase, the other is a regular softcase.
Both available in Germany and not to expensive.
So my sister seems to be completely supplied and should be happy with her new reader-package, as soon she visit me the next time.

Only my problem, isn't solved - the EE for myself ;-(

with kind regards

Veronika
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Sometimes there are good EEs offered on ebay. Right now there is this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Entourage-Ed...item2a181fc037. Don't know about the price, but they will ship to Germany and it looks like it is probably in very good condition.

There are a few others listed. I didn't check to see if they would ship to you.

I really hope you find a good EE and that you like it when it gets to you!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Hi Filak,
thanks for your information.
I found two of the EE on eBay.
Both are to expensive for me - the german tax is + 19% from the origin price - payable at the customers office before getting it into hands.
The others I found are just Pocket Edge.
Hoping to find a little cheaper one - best from private and shipped as gift so the customs duty mustn't payed;-)

Last edited by VWeed; 01-26-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Ahhhhhhh!! I see!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #10
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Ahhhhhhh!! I see!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Thanks Filark,

that's nice - if I get one, I will report immediately

How much was the EE in past when the developer-company was still alive?
Has the EE been so much expensive?
$ 590 the EE + $ 112,1 as custom duty = $ 702,10.
This seems a little much to me...
For this mountain of money I have to work nearly two weeks in Germany.

But I still hope that one day perhaps someone has a used device more cheap and as spare.

get a pretty day

Veronika
Old 01-27-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I don't know if the company is still alive, but the european reseller of Entourage Edge semms to be still online (Entourage edge.eu) they sell the full isze EE for 549 Euros, VAT included.
You can find the "official" case for the Edge (Pocket and full size) at around 24 and 50 Euros, taxes included.

I bought my pocket edge from Entourage (US) with its case (At full price, hugh...) but I really like the case.
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Thank you Qwill,

At Entourage edge.eu the device is a little cheaper cause no customs duty, but unfortunately still no less enough for me.
Living in Germany is expensive - so there isn't much beside kiddies and husband Here you have to been a good calculator to came over the baut.

Therefore I count to shot a used Edge to me - this shouldn't makes my purse a heart attack.
And I still like the feeling to become a kind "Hello" from my bank-officer, if I went into, cause I've never run into debt.

best wishes

Veronika
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
VWeed
Lese-Kaninchen

Job is accomplished!!!!
see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166888

Thank you all a lot for your informations and help!

best wishes

Veronika

Last edited by VWeed; 01-27-2012 at 06:07 PM.