Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
anne
anne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Downloading ebook to library

Sorry if this is a simple problem but I am new to the Sony Reader.

I have a problem when downloading a book from Waterstones. Everytime I try I only seem to be able to get the icon for "picture" not "book" and therefore the book is not transferrable to the Reader. How can I change the icon to "book"? Am I doing something stupid.

Thanks
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
First, welcome to MobileRead, as I see this is your first post.

Second, I'm sorry no one has yet responded to your question. I don't have an answer for your problem, but because I am posting "something" to your question, this will move it up the page and hopefully someone will be able to give you some assistance.

Don't give up on us, anne. Hopefully, someone has some suggestions and possible solutions for your problem.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #3
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Copy & Paste of Download Instructions from Waterstones

=====================
Downloading an eBook

Once you have successfully purchased your eBook on Waterstones.com you will be taken to the order confirmation page where you can download your eBook by clicking on the 'Download' icon. Your eBook will be automatically saved in your newly created 'My Digital Editions' folder located in 'My Documents'. If a box appears on screen asking if you want to open the eBook or save it - select the 'Open' option. The eBook download will now begin and will be saved automatically on to your computer. If you have chosen the 'Save' option, you can open the eBook by clicking on the icon called 'ebx'.

A box will appear on screen called Device Setup Assistant if you have not yet authorised your Reader. Please now authorise your Reader by clicking 'Authorise Device'.

Purchased eBooks can be found in the 'My Account' section of Waterstones.com. If you are unsuccessful in downloading your eBook, you have access to download the eBook a further two times (three times max). If after three attempts you are still unable to download an eBook, please contact customer services. Contact information can be found on our Contact us page.

Please note: all eBooks sold on Waterstones.com are currently in the epub format, which is compatible with the Reader from Sony. Please be aware, however, that the epub format may not be compatible with the other readers available on the market.
=================

I don't know if you had found those instructions or not
so I pasted them here.

I am also new to my Sony 505! : )
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you used Adobe Digital Editions to authorize your Reader to be able to view ePub with DRM?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
anne
anne began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my problem.

I spent a lot of time on it at the weekend and successfully managed to download the books into my library and at last onto my reader. No I can get down to one serious

anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert