Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-20-2023, 08:27 AM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
BOOX Note Air2 Plus

I bought this and was delivered last night. There is a lot of lag in reading kindle ebooks on it. Is there a way to reduce the lag so it will run more smoothly? I am somewhat disappointed. Also is there a way to up volume without swipe gesture? I can't figure out the volume on this thing, even with the swipe gesture
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 08:10 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Since there is per-app display mode settings, check that first.
If there is popup menu stuff compare that speed to page turn.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i have no clue on how to do that
Old 05-21-2023, 10:46 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Pull down the "Control Center" from the top, select "Eink Center".
Old 06-08-2023, 10:07 AM   #5
HLS
Wizard

Took me forever to learn to use this device lol.
Advert
Old 07-29-2023, 10:58 AM   #6
HLS
Wizard

I figured out how to use the eink center and change the speed/refresh rate but its still sluggish like I am in the 1990s dial up lol but I suppose given its eink tablet and not a regular tablet this is probably as advanced as its going to get. I love drawing on it
Old 11-07-2023, 05:58 PM   #7
HLS
Wizard

After owning this for 5 1/2 months now I am not really liking it. No matter what e-ink setting I use there is too much lag and when I turn a page it takes me to the Apps library screen instead of the actual next page 90% of the time. So annoying.Now this is just for kindle or kobo. I have no issues with books from the Onyx Store. Seems like its only good for notes and drawing. Reading is better on an actual kindle or kobo devices. it just had a firmware update this week. I see no noticeable changes
Old 11-07-2023, 07:27 PM   #8
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
No matter what e-ink setting I use there is too much lag and when I turn a page it takes me to the Apps library screen instead of the actual next page 90% of the time.
Is this detecting your presses as long presses?

For me, the #1 annoying thing is that Onyx makes most of the buttons use short/long detection. That means that it doesn't do anything until a button is released. That's all written into a file in /system/framework/framework-res.apk This file is signed so there is the problem if the system ever checks it.

In any case, if you can get your device to jump when the button is pressed you will find that there is a psychological effect of faster page turns.