Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Importing - Metadata aquisition

I have set up Calibre to recognize the metadata for my eBooks based on my convoluted naming conventions (thanks everyone for your help!). Now I'm wondering if Calibre has any rules for when to guess the metadata from the name. Will it default to always using my regularexpression or will it try to get metadata from the eBook first if it is a supported format?
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
There's a checkbox in the Preferences, Add/Save that controls this. When checked, it will get the metadata only form the filename using your regex expression.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert