Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
peterloron
peterloron began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Can't launch Calibre on MacOS

I just found Calibre tonight (looks awesome!) and downloaded the 0.6.31 DMG file. I'm running MacOS 10.6.2.

When I start the calibre.app, I get this output in the Console (same if I invoke the calbre-debug binary):

Code:
mac:Applications peterl$ calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/calibre-debug -g
Python function terminated unexpectedly: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
  Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so
  Reason: image not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 147, in main
    return run_entry_point()
  File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/lib/python2.6/site.py", line 116, in run_entry_point
    return getattr(pmod, func)()
  File "site-packages/calibre/debug.py", line 102, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/meta.py", line 11, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 393, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/pdf/output.py", line 18, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/pdf/writer.py", line 22, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so, 2): Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
  Referenced from: /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/Python/site-packages/PyQt4/QtWebKit.so
  Reason: image not found
peterloron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/4299
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 02:35 AM   #3
peterloron
peterloron began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Stanza
Thanks for the quick reply! I was just coming back into the forum to post that I had found that ticket and it fixed the issue.

Thanks!
peterloron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac