Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-14-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
hydin
Connoisseur
hydin doesn't litterhydin doesn't litter

Device: Paperwhite, Nook Glowlight 3
Bulk converter for multiple file types to lrf?

I am kind of stuck. I have a huge collection of ebooks, and while I enjoyed using calibre, for some reason it's locking up and not letting me import/convert files. I don't know why, but since I upgraded to the latest version it just loads a few files and then locks up. I lost my library when I reinstalled windows, and the program installs fine, but when I try to import my books it just quits. Kind of annoying.

I am wondering if there is another bulk converter out there that will handle lit, txt and rtf/doc files? I am still looking for a good pdf converter program, so I am open to suggestions on that as well

I tried looking around a bit, but I am not having much luck. I would rather have an "all in one" program to make the various lrf files and save them to my pc rather than a few various utilities.

Any helps appreciated.
hydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
You can use the command line tools that Calibre itself uses. They work with single files only, but it is a matter of a simple BAT file to convert everything. E.g. something like:
Code:
for %%i in (*.htm) do any2lrf "%%i"
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert