Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Schedule news download

Thanks for the feature that lets me control when scheduled news downloads are downloaded on any given day of the week, it's great Kovid! Goodonya and keep up the good work
Just one little thing: when it says, for instance, "Last downloaded: 0.60 days ago" wouldn't it be nice if it said "Last downloaded: 0 days 14 hours 24 minutes ago" instead?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
A second thanks from me kovid

Col
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Thanks for the feature that lets me control when scheduled news downloads are downloaded on any given day of the week, it's great Kovid! Goodonya and keep up the good work
Just one little thing: when it says, for instance, "Last downloaded: 0.60 days ago" wouldn't it be nice if it said "Last downloaded: 0 days 14 hours 24 minutes ago" instead?
Sure, easily done
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #4
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
What about having a space bar for the calibre LRF Viewer to move the article or book one is reading on their computer forward in addition to hitting the arrows.
This would be a nice addition if it is possible to do.
Thanks.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejons_dad View Post
What about having a space bar for the calibre LRF Viewer to move the article or book one is reading on their computer forward in addition to hitting the arrows.
This would be a nice addition if it is possible to do.
Thanks.
Also easily done
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #6
dasym
Connoisseur
dasym began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle. iPad 3
I like the scheduled download feature, thank you. However, I'm a bit confused about how it's supposed to work. I have the BBC scheduled for every day at 09:00:00 and it started at 09:21:00. The Times Online is scheduled for the same time, it shows Last downloaded 0.99 days ago, and at 09:22:00 it still hasn't started. The Scotsman is also scheduled for the same time, it shows Last downloaded 1.00 days ago and it hasn't started or appeared on the list of jobs yet.

Calibre was left running overnight so that the jobs would run. While checking the jobs and fetch news status windows, the application terminated itself and I had to restart it. This caused the BBC and the Scotsman jobs to appear in the Jobs list and start running, but the Times Online hasn't appeared in the jobs list yet.
dasym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's a bug in the scheduler code that causes the download to only start if at least 24 hours have passed since the last download. Will be fixed in the next release
Old 01-29-2009, 06:43 AM   #8
dasym
Connoisseur

OK, thanks.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
News date off

Minor problem: I'm showing the date of my news downloads as 1 day off.

i.e.
The BBC [Thu, 29 Jan 2009] downloaded this morning.
it should be The BBC [Fri, 30 Jan 2009]
same for NYT, science, etc.

my error? or 'feature'?

Last edited by Angst; 01-30-2009 at 01:32 PM.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Acey
Acey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
First, HUGE thanks to Kovid for adding in the new scheduling features - a donation will be on its way to you soon.

Secondly, I'm seeing my news dates off by a day as well - is it using the last date that Calibre was started? (I leave Calibre running on one PC unless I need to upgrade it.)
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Can someone open a bug report about the dates, I'll look into it.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
Minor problem: I'm showing the date of my news downloads as 1 day off.

i.e.
The BBC [Thu, 29 Jan 2009] downloaded this morning.
it should be The BBC [Fri, 30 Jan 2009]
same for NYT, science, etc.

my error? or 'feature'?
Today's feeds came through properly.
The BBC [Sat 31, Jan 2009]

- Rebooted PC yesterday. May have helped. or not.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
The space bar in the Calibre LRF viewer works however after using the bar more than once, the feed skips several lines in the article, after each pressing of the bar. In other words there is no continuous flow of the article.. Could you please check into this?
Thanks.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosejons_dad View Post
The space bar in the Calibre LRF viewer works however after using the bar more than once, the feed skips several lines in the article, after each pressing of the bar. In other words there is no continuous flow of the article.. Could you please check into this?
Thanks.
Open a bug report or I will forget
Old 02-01-2009, 06:28 AM   #15
dasym
Connoisseur

I'm afraid scheduled news downloads don't seem to be working with 0.4.132. The three daily ones I've got are set for 9 am. It's now 11.24 am and each says the last download was around 1 day and 25 to 29 minutes ago. Calibre has been running all the time. I've closed it down and restarted but the scheduled jobs still don't run automatically.