Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #35371
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Those are my sentiments also, the weighing down (+ I'm saving up for an iPad mini ). But I have way too much books. I'll unload my paperback crime and fantasy, but still I have too many books I cannot part with+ I used to collect antiquarian books. Well....I may be a lost case anyway.
Maybe you want to wait on this one: http://www.pfhub.com/tim-cook-says-a...ming-soon-248/

Technology marches on!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #35372
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Sounds like a potential market there....hmmm....

Another few months and there will be a hundred different ones for sale here. I just was never good at delayed gratification. I want what I want NOW.
Besides, it's fun to figure out how to make something I can use, even if two months from now I wind up buying a commercially made dock because the one I made looks like Frankenstein's Summer Camp A&C project.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #35373
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Maybe you want to wait on this one: http://www.pfhub.com/tim-cook-says-a...ming-soon-248/

Technology marches on!
True, true.
hm, I remember, when I was in China, that I had about the same restrictions in browsing the internet as I had in Iran.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #35374
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Trying to decide whether or not to order an Oberon case for my new Kindle. I noticed that just after a week Amazon's case already has some scratches on it whilst it hasn't spend much time in my handbag yet. I also like that Oberon's cases have a closing, I now use an elastic band to keep Amazon's case closed in my bag. On the other hand I like how small and light the Kindle is in the original case and I know that the Oberon case add size and weight.
The Oberon will add a LOT of weight, but they are beautiful and offer a lot of protection. The last Oberon I bought was a Mini Sleeve for my Paperwhite, and it's considerably less weight than their full covers. The Mini Sleeves also fit the K-4, and if money is a consideration, they're also a bit cheaper than their full covers.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #35375
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Unfortunently they stopped making the sleeves.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #35376
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Unfortunently they stopped making the sleeves.
I'd heard they were going to stop making them, but since I ordered mine on October 18, I notice that not only are the Mini Sleeves still on the website, but they've increased in price from $49 to $52.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #35377
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice. Hmmmmm maybe a Kindle PW is in order
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #35378
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The Oberon will add a LOT of weight, but they are beautiful and offer a lot of protection. The last Oberon I bought was a Mini Sleeve for my Paperwhite, and it's considerably less weight than their full covers. The Mini Sleeves also fit the K-4, and if money is a consideration, they're also a bit cheaper than their full covers.
I had an Oberon case for my Kindle Keyboard and loved it. I broke down and ordered one for my Kindle 4, the Da Vinci case in saddle.

Right now I'm packing the semi final things for my holiday. Can't pack certain things until tomorrow (toiletries, etc). I've rented a cottage in a bungalow park and I've planned a lazy week of reading and watching films and series (spend the last week converting various dvd and copying them to my media player).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #35379
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
I got one REALLY GREAT Christmas gift: My wife is having some artwork framed for me. It's something I bought some time ago and had always meant to get framed, but you know how financial priorities get in the way of our desires! So when my wife asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her I wanted that artwork framed. It should be ready around the middle of January.

It's called simply "Tree." Some of you just may recognize the artist.
I got the painting back from the framers and mounted on my wall. I think it turned out really well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Florence_Artur-Tree_001a.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	99343  
Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #35380
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
I got the painting back from the framers and mounted on my wall. I think it turned out really well.
From here, it looks like a leather frame! Very nice! (Of course, I'm somewhat biased...)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #35381
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I had an Oberon case for my Kindle Keyboard and loved it. I broke down and ordered one for my Kindle 4, the Da Vinci case in saddle.

Right now I'm packing the semi final things for my holiday. Can't pack certain things until tomorrow (toiletries, etc). I've rented a cottage in a bungalow park and I've planned a lazy week of reading and watching films and series (spend the last week converting various dvd and copying them to my media player).
I bought a saddle Da Vinci for the 1st generation Nook I had. Now my K-3 lives in it (with some alterations).
Old 01-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #35382
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Everything is packed, I only have to go to the supermarket to get some food stuffs I'm not sure they sell at the park. But first I want to get my feet warmed up; I had already packed my slippers last night, which wasn't a good idea since it was very cold this morning.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #35383
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Enjoy your vacation!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #35384
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Gotta' sign off. "A Study in Terror" is just starting on the telly. Unless I'm mistaken, that's the one where Sherlock Holmes & Ellery Queen go after Jack the Ripper. Read the book (perhaps under another name) and it was great.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #35385
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
otherwise I'm just hanging out going to fix myself a nice breakfast and will be going to see the "Becoming Van Gogh" exhibit with my kids this afternoon.
It was a nice show other than the bitter cold getting to and from and the crowds....I really hate crowds! It could have been worse. There were more paintings in the exhibit than I expected. I was expecting more drawings, but it chronicled his learning process that brought him to his famous self-portraits (which was the final pieces in the exhibit) -- I guess some people (overheard) were confused and expected to see "Starry Night" or his more famous stuff. It was worth seeing and the book that my son bought for me will be even better...no crowds to deal with!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?