Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 03:30 AM   #35296
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Making shopping lists, of things I need to get for my holiday. Today I'm going to buy the non-food items and on Monday morning I'm going to the supermarket to get food that might not be available at the supermarket of the park I'm staying at.

I'm really looking forward to my week of laziness next week, I feel I really need it after a chaotic and busy couple of months. It's going to be cold and at the moment snow is predicted (though it seems that changes by the hour) so I'm taking my camera with me, though I'm still debating if I'll take my bicycle with me (I hate to cycle when it's slippery).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #35297
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Stayed up until way too late finishing the book. Chris probably would have been willing to read it to me while I cooked, only he wasn't home yet when I was making dinner!
And me? Last night I slaved over a hot stove for 19 minutes cooking a frozen pizza only to have my wife say she'd rather have a salad and head to Wendy's. That's all right. I and the grandson ate the pizza.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #35298
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I'm currently being attacked by an orange cat. He wants the milk left in my cereal bowl.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #35299
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
And me? Last night I slaved over a hot stove for 19 minutes cooking a frozen pizza only to have my wife say she'd rather have a salad and head to Wendy's. That's all right. I and the grandson ate the pizza.
19 whole minutes... Must be some kind of 'Personal Best!'
Tell me, do you still get a blister on your thumb when starting up the dishwasher?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #35300
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
19 whole minutes... Must be some kind of 'Personal Best!'
Tell me, do you still get a blister on your thumb when starting up the dishwasher?

Stitchawl
Don't laugh. Sometimes she even makes me LOAD it!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #35301
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There must be a Users Guide on line that could help, yes?
Sometimes there is just waaay too much stress in this life...

Stitchawl
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 PM   #35302
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Actually I prefer to load it. My wife, my ex-DIL, my son's girlfriend—all of them seem to believe that you stack spoons and plates against each other, the soap & water will somehow magically make its way between them.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 AM   #35303
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Actually I prefer to load it. My wife, my ex-DIL, my son's girlfriend—all of them seem to believe that you stack spoons and plates against each other, the soap & water will somehow magically make its way between them.
That is a well-known technique to get the other person, who really cares about 'clean', to do the load and start. My girlfriend employed this technique, for various household chores, when she was first married. She now enjoys a life free of household chores and a husband that does it all while she smiles and gives him compliments and big hugs.....

Right now, I am waiting for my bowl of tomato soup to be ready and curling up with my blanket.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 AM   #35304
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Yes, drives me mad. Putting in a mug or bowl upright when the spray comes up from below! I end up rearranging half the load before switching it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
That is a well-known technique to get the other person, who really cares about 'clean', to do the load and start. My girlfriend employed this technique, for various household chores, when she was first married. She now enjoys a life free of household chores and a husband that does it all while she smiles and gives him compliments and big hugs.....
Hmmmmm . .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 AM   #35305
Stitchawl
Opsimath

In our house we take turns turning on the dishwasher.
It's what keeps us from buying a machine.

Stitchawl
Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #35306
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Right now I'm thinking of Burial and Death (you know how us poets are) and writing an essay about it and have just remembered the wonderful Clifford D. Simak novel Cemetary World.

Carry on with your dish washing and knob twisting and loading instructions. Maybe someone should write a book about it - How to load a Dishwasher ala the "How to Sharpen Pencils" that my son got for Christmas. http://www.amazon.com/How-Sharpen-Pe...arpen+a+pencil
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #35307
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just got home from work. On the (very crowded) train back, I looked up to find myself sitting opposite Michael Heseltine (probably only of any interest to Brits of a certain age).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #35308
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Went right past me. musta been the bullet train.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #35309
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Yes, drives me mad. Putting in a mug or bowl upright when the spray comes up from below! I end up rearranging half the load before switching it on.
I understand. I call that particular exercise "dish Tetris."
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #35310
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Went right past me. musta been the bullet train.
Michael Heseltine.

Margaret Thatcher's favourite.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?