Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

I tried the twittle thingie and it's a pain in the arse. So, I'm just starting a thread here that will simulate twinkie and ask: What are you doing right now? I imagine after we get past the expected deluge of "Mindlessly reading MR posts," there will be a flow of fun things to talk about.

Right now, I'm starting to dictate my morning notes and getting ready to do nursing home rounds.

And mindlessly reading MR posts.

Last edited by pshrynk; 09-22-2009 at 09:02 AM.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Right now, I am posting this message.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I'm have to give an online presentation in a few minutes, so am taking one last look at my slides.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Catching up on housework.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Installing new RSS reader on my Windows Mobile phone
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Just got back from the nursing home and getting my head around the idea that I actually have to work for a living.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:29 PM   #7
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I have just put a second coat of paint on the frame I made for my chalkboard door. Following that, I cleaned out the cat boxes, then put a second coat of paint on some of the cabinets. Then I ordered a screw tap, because the twit who built the cabinets stripped about half the screws holding the handles on and I can't paint the damn things until I can get the handles off.

Now, I'm getting ready to seal the floor under the staircase, which will be followed by painting the trunk that fits under the staircase, and doing three loads of laundry. Then, I will go over to the Moon's house to check on MaMaw and take her the last of the brownies I baked.

Then, I will start working on things for the law office.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
stroking my new red laptop, and learning about Vista......not as bad as I feared. Altho I admit, I've barely scratched the surface...First thing I did was download Firefox. IE makes me nuts.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
What kind of laptop did you get, that it's RED??

And what I'm doing is wishing Ricky would come visit me. She's far better than I at getting all those fix-it-up tasks DONE!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Packing for a trip, surfing MR and listening to NPR.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

And what I'm doing is wishing Ricky would come visit me. She's far better than I at getting all those fix-it-up tasks DONE!!
Costco has a killer deal......Dell 1525 inspiron, 2.1 Intel core duo processor, 320 GB Harddrive, 4 gb memory.......in colors, with office and home student 2007, lots of goodies, for $999......free shipping. Here is the Link

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11297910&whse=BC&Ne=4000000 &N=4017747&Mo=11&pos=1&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&ca t=4338&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=[/URL]

If I made a mistake and this ISN"T a good deal, don't anyone tell me please......I would have to throw myself off a cliff.......

I know what you mean about Ricky. She makes me tired just reading her posts!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
stroking my new red laptop, and learning about Vista......not as bad as I feared. Altho I admit, I've barely scratched the surface...First thing I did was download Firefox. IE makes me nuts.
Hon, IE makes us all nuts.

You will have to post a photo of the pretty new (RED) laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post

Hey, I can be bought ... or rented .... whatever. I have now sealed the floor under the staircase (first coat anyway), painted the stained the trunk, done the dishes, first load of laundry is in, I am read to mount the frame on the door, and I'm just finishing lunch before I make the mail run (no ... not the Kessel run ... the mail run ... and a parsec is a unit of distance not time!!).

Going to have to make another run to the hardware store tomorrow. I hate doing that ... I find too many things I need ... got my eye on a really nice compressor with a nail gun attachment. Oh .... drooool!!

No, DG ... it's not red or pink.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:36 PM   #13
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Duh -- browsing MobileRead fora ?

But other than that -- listening to a quarterly teleconference held by my 3rd line manager, handling e-mail and IM chats from co-workers, while hubby is watching Nova scienceNOW on the local PBS station.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Costco has a killer deal......Dell 1525 inspiron, 2.1 Intel core duo processor, 320 GB Harddrive, 4 gb memory.......in colors, with office and home student 2007, lots of goodies, for $999......free shipping. Here is the Link

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11297910&whse=BC&Ne=4000000 &N=4017747&Mo=11&pos=1&No=7&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&ca t=4338&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&Sp=C&ec=&topnav=[/URL]

If I made a mistake and this ISN"T a good deal, don't anyone tell me please......I would have to throw myself off a cliff.......

I know what you mean about Ricky. She makes me tired just reading her posts!
I did find it for a little less elsewhere ... but NOT IN RED .... and we all know what's really important don't we?? Besides it was only $30 ... and I'd pay that to have it be the color I wanted.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Even with the student/office 2007? (word, etc) Where?? And yes, RED is a must!

Oh, did I say Costco extends the warranty to two years in home if necessary for free?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?