Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Purchase UK Nook Books

So, has anyone outside the UK figured out how to purchase a book from the uk.nook.com site? When I read British authors, I prefer the British version of the book. I've tried purchasing one title after changing my address and credit card address to the UK, but my orders keep getting canceled.
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
So, has anyone outside the UK figured out how to purchase a book from the uk.nook.com site? When I read British authors, I prefer the British version of the book. I've tried purchasing one title after changing my address and credit card address to the UK, but my orders keep getting canceled.
You have to use an UK VPN to get an UK IP-address.
See my posts #393, #394 and #395 in the following thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=59930&page=27
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So if I read your posts correctly, the UK library is separate from the US library, and thus UK books would not be pushed to my US Nook automagically, i.e. they have to be side loaded?

If this is the case, I'll just buy non US books from cheaper sources.

As an aside, I have the UK Harry Potter books in my Nook account, but Pottermore will not allow me to link the two extra books to my Nook.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
So if I read your posts correctly, the UK library is separate from the US library, and thus UK books would not be pushed to my US Nook automagically, i.e. they have to be side loaded?

If this is the case, I'll just buy non US books from cheaper sources.

As an aside, I have the UK Harry Potter books in my Nook account, but Pottermore will not allow me to link the two extra books to my Nook.
Yes, there are separate libraries for the UK and the US. And I would advise to create a separate UK account. So you would have to sideload.
I am using an Android tablet for most of my reading. I am waiting for the UK Nook reading apps to become available (hopefully next week when the tablets are released in the UK).
I hope the UK Nook for Android app will have a different install than the US one, so that I can install both the US and UK Nook app on my tablet.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Quote:
What region do you have your Pottermore Shop account set to? I originally had mine set to UK so I could have the UK books, but I had to change the region to Canada after buying the books in order to link them to my account.

ETA: Y'know, I'm having the same problem, actually. The schoolbooks won't link, and the Tales can't even see my Nook account. I'm getting this error: PR0004. Odd.

Last edited by Nahgem; 11-16-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
MovieBird
TuxSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
What region do you have your Pottermore Shop account set to? I originally had mine set to UK so I could have the UK books, but I had to change the region to Canada after buying the books in order to link them to my account.

ETA: Y'know, I'm having the same problem, actually. The schoolbooks won't link, and the Tales can't even see my Nook account. I'm getting this error: PR0004. Odd.
I have my account region as Canada as well, and I get the same error: PR0004.