Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 12-02-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Hudson, W. H.:Green Mansions ver.1.0 2 December 2007

This is my first try at making a Sony Reader file, so please be gentle.

Here's some Wikipedia info about the book:

Green Mansions: A Romance of the Tropical Forest (1904) is an exotic romance by William Henry Hudson about a traveller to the Guyana jungle of southeastern Venezuela and his encounter with a forest dwelling woman named Rima.

Abel, a young man of wealth, fails at a revolution and flees Caracas into the uncharted forests of Guyana. Surviving fever and hostile Indian attacks, failing at journal-keeping and gold hunting, he settles in an Indian village to waste away his life: playing guitar for old Cla-Cla, hunting badly with Kua-Ko, telling stories to the children. After some exploring, Abel discovers an enchanting forest where he hears a strange bird-like singing. His Indian friends avoid the forest because of its evil spirit-protector, "the Daughter of the Didi." Persisting in the search, Abel finally finds Rima the Bird Girl. She has dark hair, a smock of spider webs, is barefoot, and can communicate with birds in an unknown tongue. When she shields a coral snake, Abel is bitten and falls unconscious.

Hudson based Rima and her lost tribe on persistent rumors about a tribe of white people who lived in the mountains. Temple paintings often showed light-skinned people, and Spanish Conquistadors were at first thought to be gods.

Starfish
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Green Mansions.lrf (401.5 KB, 658 views)
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Wow, this sounds awesome. Are you planning to make a mobipocket version of this as well? If not, I would be happy to make it because this sounds great. I've never come across it before...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
It was made into a movie with Audrey Hepburn as Rima and Anthony Perkins as Abel, as you can see on the book cover.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
One of my favorite books when I was in High School. Thank you for uploading.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
Starfish
Connoisseur
Starfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litterStarfish doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
TSGreer,

Am I going to make a Mobipocket file? I doubt it. I have just been playing with the software for a few days, and my Sony Reader just arrived today, so I'll probably concentrate on what I can read on it: .lrf files.

Please feel free to convert it though. Do you need me to send my Book Designer File? I could email it to you, or maybe even upload it here, if that's ok.

Starfish
Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
TSGreer,

Am I going to make a Mobipocket file? I doubt it. I have just been playing with the software for a few days, and my Sony Reader just arrived today, so I'll probably concentrate on what I can read on it: .lrf files.

Please feel free to convert it though. Do you need me to send my Book Designer File? I could email it to you, or maybe even upload it here, if that's ok.

Starfish
Well I made a mobipocket version for myself after reading your post because I wanted to read it, so I'll just clean it up a bit and post to the mobipocket books. I just didn't want to duplicate your efforts in case you were doing it. It's funny, I never knew about this book, but after talking to my co-workers I found out that lot of them had read it.

Being the victim of a public education, I have to play a lot of catch up when it comes to books.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote