Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #136
sammy
Connoisseur
sammy began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 700 entourage edge PB 360 PB603 Kindle DXG Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Unfortunately it happens to my device mostly in normal daylight. Yesterday we had here blue sky and very bright sun light and I have tested my M90 in the direct sun light for a couple of minutes. The problem was disappeared. Back in the room, it appears again. A little bit weird...
would you think it is only a problem with the software?
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #137
lm21cbe
lm21cbe is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Hello Zetmolm.
This feature works as follow: you open for example 3 files and you don't close any of them. Laterly you may swicht from one to other only with a click. This is similar to a web navigator (ex Firefox) you open in diferents tabs differents url, and latterly you may change between them.
This feature is very important when you use the ereader for technical papers. In this cases normally you are simultaneouslly reading serveral files (books, articles, etc).
My old DR1000 had this feature.
lm21cbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #138
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
@lm21cbe
I see what you mean. As I explained, you can do something similar on the Boox. That is, it requires two clicks instead of one to switch between books. However, because the books need to be re-opened each time, the switch may take longer than you like.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #139
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
would you think it is only a problem with the software?
No, it is definitely a hardware problem... I hope the guys from Onyx can fix it before they start to sell it.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #140
strellson
strellson began at the beginning.

Hello Booxtor.

Does putting "a piece of paper over that sensor" or doing anything similar solve the problem?

Thank you very much for reviewing
strellson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 01:31 AM   #141
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
No, it is definitely a hardware problem... I hope the guys from Onyx can fix it before they start to sell it.
I agree that it looks like a hardware problem otherwise guys from Onyx would have fixed it before with a right firmware update. They have a big problem here and I am afraid it would be extremely difficult for them to replace the faulty sensor with a new one before starting sales in June.

BTW, Booxtor, could you elaborate on a few things I am interested in:
1) How often is the spontaneous page turns?
2) How long do you read (2-3 hours a day or more?)
3) What firmware version do you have?

Last edited by brombus; 06-04-2011 at 04:30 AM.
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #142
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
Booxtor, what kind of USB port does the device have (miniUSB or microUSB) ? Does it charge off USB?
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:14 AM   #143
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catharsis View Post
Booxtor, what kind of USB port does the device have (miniUSB or microUSB) ? Does it charge off USB?
It has miniUSB and you can charge the reader by connecting via USB either to PC or to power adapter..
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM   #144
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
I'm not sure, that I understand the IR-Sensor Problem correctly. Does it mean that:

a) The device you received has a faulty sensor

b) ALL of the built devices have this faulty sensor

c) The *whole concept* of this sensor does not work, the sensors are otherwise ok.

d)?
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #145
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
We think the IR-sensor is set too sensitive. So when you are in bright direct sunlight the sensor thinks you are using the button. Onyx International is solving this problem right now.
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #146
brombus
Enthusiast
brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.brombus knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
I'm not sure, that I understand the IR-Sensor Problem correctly. Does it mean that:

c) The *whole concept* of this sensor does not work, the sensors are otherwise ok.
I think that the sensors they put in the M90/M91S are very similar to the optical mouse of Samsung Omnia mobiles. But in those mobiles there is an option to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. Perhaps the next software version will have this option too and solve the problem eventually.

Onyx Europe, I see that you have the M91S in stock now. Does it have the same problem with the sensor as the M90? Can we expect a review in the nearest future?
brombus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #147
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
Onyx Europe, I see that you have the M91S in stock now. Does it have the same problem with the sensor as the M90? Can we expect a review in the nearest future?
Yes we have the M91S in stock, but we decided not to ship, because they have the same problem. Hopefully it is a software problem and can be solved really quick so we can ship them to our customers!
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 AM   #148
Booxtor
Booxtor

I am installing the new firmware right now to my M90 and am very curios if the IR sensor problem was solved. Today I have tried to read some text outside. It was cloudy, but it was impossible to read again.. I have put a piece of paper over the sensor - it seems to get through the paper, because the problem was still there.
Handling of DjVUs and PDFs is OK. but:
1. A PDF book from GoogleBooks 20 MB. After giving a command to get to the next(previous) page (via IR Sensor, Capacitive Sensor, Stylus) it takes appx. 8 sec.
to "turn" the page.

2. Annotations - very interesting idea with scribbling directly in the book. It works however very unstable yet. Three freezes in 20 minutes. I didn't reset the device after last freeze and the battery was empty after a couple of hours.

Zooming in PDFs and DjVU is not bad. Generally I liked it. In my next video I will show the options.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #149
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
I think that the sensors they put in the M90/M91S are very similar to the optical mouse of Samsung Omnia mobiles. But in those mobiles there is an option to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. Perhaps the next software version will have this option too and solve the problem eventually.

that's correct. its an optical mouse and there are firmware adjustments for all such devices. they dont have to replace the item or ditch it. remember this issue was "discovered" on beta devices which are in the field for just this sort of bug detection.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #150
tarlcab
Enthusiast
tarlcab began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge x3, Boyue T62, Yotaphone 3, Hisense A6L
If this has all the features of the IREX 1000S and is lighter and faster with better battery life, I'll be excited about it. 1000S is kinda slow and the battery life is not long. That said its really great for viewing and annotating PDF's.
tarlcab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx boox, onyx boox m90