Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Exclamation Need T3 directly supporting Chinese Characters!

hi everyone,
Sony ereader has a good design, Not to follow the market trend!

No front-light ,It is good for the eyes with external lights.I don't know if SONY to develop front light in the future.

While reading , Touch screen is not very sensitive, To prevent mistakes to touch, Using sliding fingers turn pages or Buttons!

The two items from the ebook is very beneficial to human body.
So i very very like the product.

Developers to fully understand.

But i need read CHinese characters files, such as epub,txt,html ,and so on.
Not to choose chinese font, have to convert a simple text, or other format.
these are always still with me!

Needs some way :
1---as like english fonts to choose chinese fonts,
2---directly copy chinese TXT files to T3 and display,not convert with Calibre.

someone give me some advice??

thanks a lot.

Last edited by sbwtxj; 10-25-2013 at 09:08 AM.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Use google.

I'll do it for you this time.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=157972

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chinese+fonts+epub&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a&gws_rd=cr&ei=A5FqUvTwLc-lkQel0YDgAQ
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Thanks Rizla,

I don't want to convert every file. I live in China. So the google is not running out.

I am waiting your messages.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
But you have a search engine in China.

http://www.baidu.com/s?ie=utf-8&bs=c...4&inputT=14464

You will have to use Calibre to compile each epub to use the chinese fonts on your reader. It's the normal way to do it. The mobileread link I posted explains how to do it. What works for the T1 will hopefully work for the T3.

Use Calibre. Compile the books with extra css code. Only way I know. Good luck
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
sbwtxj
Groupie

Unhappy

OH?!

If it is, i only give up this device at this time.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
OH?!

If it is, i only give up this device at this time.
Have you tried loading a TXT file to T3? It does display Chinese. Also, about HTML support, visit the web site directly and view.
Old 11-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #7
sbwtxj
Groupie

If i changed the TXT filename to HTML file, It does not display Chinese view.
Sorry,
I don't know what encoding into TXT.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
yanwong1990
yanwong1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-T3(prospective)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yts06mgr View Post
Have you tried loading a TXT file to T3? It does display Chinese. Also, about HTML support, visit the web site directly and view.
Are you sure it is capable with Chinese TXT? May I know what is the encoding of the TXT file? Unicode/utf-8?

Many Thanks!
yanwong1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #9
sbwtxj
Groupie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanwong1990 View Post
Are you sure it is capable with Chinese TXT? May I know what is the encoding of the TXT file? Unicode/utf-8?

Many Thanks!
Sorry , even if the txt file encoded the unicode/utf-8 , the files display messy code.

This is a annoying problem with Chinese character files.

Someone told using the Calibre to change every un-epub files to epub.
Oh!!!!