Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Anyone use emulator to get apps from Market?

I've spent a LOT of time trying to use the Droid emulator to run Market, then get apps out to put in my eDGe.

Now the snag is that every .apk I get out (after installing and backing up with Astro File Manager) refuses to install on my eDGe giving a "parse error".

The icon is different that .apk files that work, even though the file IS an .apk.

Anyone actually do this SUCCESSFULLY?
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
I have run into the same problem when I try to email apk files to my PE as attachments to gmail messages. When I transfer the files via USB they seem to work fine.

Where do you get the emulator? What sort of hardware/OS is required?

Thanks!
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm assuming the emulator is this one.

http://developer.android.com/guide/d.../emulator.html
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
The whole process is documented well on the Entourage forum, under android apps. Read http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ator-Summary..
Links are there for the emulator, parts for it, and required utilities. It took me quite a while to get it going, and even "working" it loses network connectivity within the host PC after a while, and I've run into a few apps that don't install to the PE.
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
I'm running the Amazon Market with no problem, not using an emulator, whatever that is (not entirely joking). I have bought several programs and of course snagged free ones, including today's free offer.

I have gotten errors on a number of programs I downloaded, but others work fine, such as Opera Mini, etc.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneven1 View Post
I'm running the Amazon Market with no problem, not using an emulator, whatever that is (not entirely joking). I have bought several programs and of course snagged free ones, including today's free offer.

I have gotten errors on a number of programs I downloaded, but others work fine, such as Opera Mini, etc.

You are correct, the Amazon Market works great. However, it would be nice to have access to Google Android Market as well.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
blacccat
blacccat began at the beginning.

Device: entourage edge dual tablet ; b&n nook simple touch; coby mid8042; ac
Does anyone have a registered android phone, that you use to register your EE or PE with @androiduser.com(whatever)? I was wondering, 'cause they always ask for it, (even before ermine), in order to begin to download anything. Also after searching the net, there was a site for androidmkt, that would allow downloads with a Facebook account. Both options rule myself out for a "maybe". Though I woulda tried. Also HI YALL from entourage forums. I will miss that unique, highly qualified group. I hope to see some familiar names here.
blacccat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:30 PM   #8
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
http://applanet.net/ also has a market .apk that you can install. The selection seems pretty good, and the 'downloads' tab displays apps installed from other sources and present updates to them (some of which may not install on our device.) I have had some difficulty keeping an active connection with their server though (not sure whose end the problem is on.)
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
geneven1
Enthusiast
geneven1 began at the beginning.

Device: P. Edge, Kindle, N800-810-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
http://applanet.net/ also has a market .apk that you can install. The selection seems pretty good, and the 'downloads' tab displays apps installed from other sources and present updates to them (some of which may not install on our device.) I have had some difficulty keeping an active connection with their server though (not sure whose end the problem is on.)
Yes, I had bad connection problems with them too. They seemed to have a lot of non-free software available for free -- maybe that displeases someone who is therefore causing them Internet difficulties?

I also seemed to connect with Google Marketplace yesterday and actually purchased and downloaded something -- but the software didn't work for me.
geneven1 is offline   Reply With Quote