Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
bullwing
bullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it is

Device: pandigital white 7in
Screen Protectors

I had a screen protector installed on my pandigital white about a week after I got it at the mall. I had noticed some small scratches in it already so I figured I had better find something. The store xo skins sold them online as well here Pandigital Screen Protector
They guy at the store said it would fill in the existing scratches as well. So I was like, lets see it. After he installed it, it looked a little cloudy, which he said would go away after a day or so. Once it did, my screen looked better than new. I say better because it seems to hide fingerprints. They also said it didn't have orange peel like any others. For $20 it looks way worth it. As soon as I find some time, I will probably bring them my iphone 4 as well.
bullwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
thanks for the tip, I'll have to check them out.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
bullwing
bullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it isbullwing knows what time it is

np. . .
Old 01-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
brfried
brfried began at the beginning.

Device: K3
I just purchased a XO Skin for my Cruz Reader. They are AWESOME! I will never purchase a "junk" skin again. They also have a lifetime replacement warranty. If you Google XO skin coupon code you can usually find a 15% off or free shipping code.
brfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
These are good products. I've seen these under various trade names (Skinomi, Zagg <-- usually found in Best Buy stores) pre-cut to your device screen size.

The major difference between these and regular screen protectors is the wet application method. Be careful though, the very fact that it is wet means that if you're too sloppy, you'll get the liquid inside the device and short something. That's why they have to shut it off and take the battery off. Also, be sure to clean your fingers and spray the solution on them - it really does prevent any fingerprints even when you touch the sticky side. After a few days, it realy does look quite clear and bubble-free.

On warning, this material is VERY resistant to mechanical wear but not all that resistant to cleaning solutions (I use a simple dilute isopropanol solution on all my electronics and this surface picked up very faint scratches from the isopropanol). Just be careful what you wipe it with.
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
bullwing

I just use the spray the send with it. I asked their customer service and they said is just dish soap and water. It works great, they also said to never use windex on it. Windex is acidic and will eat the uv coating.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
speaking of protection and scratches, the gorilla glass in my Milestone perhaps is able to handle powerful blows by a gorilla, but it's no match for leopards: I've noticed a tiny scratch already, out of nowhere.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #8
thrawn_aj
quantum mechanic
thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thrawn_aj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook1, Samsung Transform, Nook2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
speaking of protection and scratches, the gorilla glass in my Milestone perhaps is able to handle powerful blows by a gorilla, but it's no match for leopards: I've noticed a tiny scratch already, out of nowhere.
Leopards eh? You a Bond villain or something?
thrawn_aj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
I just installed an XoSkin for my 10.1" tablet today. I am waiting on the wet application solution to totally dry so the small air bubbles disappear. I can use the tablet now and the screen is clear when it is powered, but when it is off, it looks like I have sand blasted it. It takes one to two days for the bubbles to go away.

No company was making a screen protector for my tablet, but I sent XoSkins a to scale drawing of my screen dimensions and they were able to use it to start making protectors for the tablet.

$24.95 with a lifetime replacement guarantee is not too shabby. I am sure you can get some screens for less money, but the material they make XoSkins from is the same that we used on instrument screens in the navy. It is some good stuff.

If anyone has a Flytouch II, Superpad, Wowpad, Hype-pad, etc. HERE is the link for the protector if you are interested.
thafrogggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #10
bullwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
Unfortunately, unless they create something harder than glass, other bits of dust, sand, etc harder than it will still scratch. My friends iphone 4 was in a case. He thought since it was in a case he only needed a screen cover, till he took his case off to some nice shattered glass. I laughed, he replaced the glass and this time got a full body skin and put the case over it.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #11
bullwing

Just polished it up with some plexus. I have used it on headlights to clear up some haze. Probably overkill for my reader but it works really well.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 AM   #12
thenewchic
thenewchic began at the beginning.

Device: cruz t301
How well do they fit on the Cruz t301? I just got one and want to protect it.
thenewchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
expecto
expecto began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge, Cruz T301
Thanks bullwing. Just ordered on for my PE and T301. Ill post some thoughts as soon as they come. But from everything I have searched they look to be the best.
expecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I've got the "Skinomi" kit for my Eee Pad Transformer, but haven't taken the time to
try to install it. I worry a little that it might have an effect on the capacitance touch
screen's performance. How is the touchscreen performance with the film installed?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #15
ajeffrey
ajeffrey began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS eee transformer with docking station
HI bullwing
can you explain - "My friends iphone 4 was in a case. He thought since it was in a case he only needed a screen cover, till he took his case off to some nice shattered glass. I laughed, he replaced the glass and this time got a full body skin and put the case over it."
How did the glass break with a screen cover and what is a "full body screen? Cheers
ajeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote