Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: If you have a large collection, have you read every book?
I have read every book 24 8.92%
I have not read every book, but I plan to 157 58.36%
I am not concerned with reading every book, I just like collecting 69 25.65%
I do not have a large collection 9 3.35%
Other 10 3.72%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #46
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Please, Harry. Do your green thing and make it go away. Sheesh. Dredging up an ancient thread to brag about stolen books to this forum? That is so many different ways of wrong...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:16 PM   #47
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I've got 2,800 ebooks in my Stanza library (collected since 2008 containing a mix of novels, short stories and fanfiction). Yes, I've read every one of them as I tend delete a title if I don't like it. My actual calibre library contains 3,200 titles, so it appears I've finished reading 87.5%. The other 12.5% will forever remain unread as those are the titles I couldn't stand (and I don't have high standards to begin with).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #48
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Edit: Did not realize it was an old topic with somewhat questionable content.

Last edited by Asawi; 12-08-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #49
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I may not have 500 ebooks, but I have a large fraction of that number. And with the exception of the free ones that came pre-loaded, and ones I started and after a chapter or two decided I didn't like them, I've read every one.

In fact I don't buy a book to read later; I buy it, read it, relegate to archive, then buy another.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #50
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
huh, going on two years later and I think I have even more unread books.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #51
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's really not a terribly good idea to come to MobileRead and brag about your criminal activities. Nobody is going to think it "cool", and nobody is going to lift one finger to help you should you ever find yourself in need of any assistance.
What if the poster lived in Switzerland?
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #52
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Since it was not mentioned where he got them....not sure it should be of consern to anyone.
I have about 500 so far! About 300 were books read in HB the PB formate & I sure I soon get around to reading them in eFormat! Or I would not have purchsed them ...again! I also read library ebooks & listen to Audio but no clue how many!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #53
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I (still) have over a 1000 in my paper library that I have Read. I said still, because some did not come home after lending
On top of those, 30+ years of Analog S F & F.
Thanks to Project Gutenburg, I have collected some of the ebook versions of books I read from my Parents Library while growing up.
Baen free Library overlaps the paper versions and feeds my addiction
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #54
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I took the poll thinking about my Physical Book collection. I do not know how many I have since I have never counted them. I keep every book I have ever bought. and have been doing so since I was a child so that is over 40 years of buying books. I have one large walk in closet that is converted into a library and the paper back bookcases are double filled and even stacked on the edges. Every room in my house has bookcases and all are filled. I would hate to see where I would be if I had not switched over to ebooks.
It is a good thing my wife likes to read too.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #55
Vic333
Connoisseur
Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vic333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I also have some e-book replacements of paper books, and some classics that 'every library should have' that I haven't read in e-format. And I grab book specials that I may or may not get around to, but grab them when they're free/cheap.
Vic333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #56
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I'm an ebook hoarder, and a pbook hoarder. For my pbooks, the intent was to read every single one of them, since I paid money for them, but I still have hundreds, perhaps more that I still haven't read. Now that I read ebooks almost exclusively, I don't know whether I will still attempt to read all of the pbooks, or even if I will attempt to scan & OCR them. For ebooks, I intend to read everything I've paid for, but I get a lot of freebies as well which I may never get around to reading. The big problem with the large library is that it does make it harder to decide what to read next.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #57
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Most of the books I have I read years ago, and sometimes reread.
A few I have had to digitize e myself. Others I rebuy, or get when there is a promotion.

I am now reading tons of classics and public domain books that I was always going to get around to "Someday."

Credence Clearwater Revival was wrong. Someday does come.

Last edited by Phogg; 12-10-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #58
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I have 800+ ebooks. About 90 unread. A lot of the books I've read were read in the paper version and just replaced when the ebook version was released. Do those count as read? I don't download even free books unless I think I'll want to read them. I really haven't got a lot of freebies. I don't much care for classics, erotica, business books or christian fiction. Most of the free books are in those genres.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #59
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I "collected" well over 1,000 ebooks, where the majority of them were classics, and my intention was to read them all. I now know that this is never going to happen. I've read some of them, but quite frankly a lot of them are boring. I now try to read at least one classic a year, but that's it.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:56 AM   #60
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
What if the poster lived in Switzerland?
Or the Netherlands....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
I "collected" well over 1,000 ebooks, where the majority of them were classics, and my intention was to read them all. I now know that this is never going to happen. I've read some of them, but quite frankly a lot of them are boring. I now try to read at least one classic a year, but that's it.
Once reading become a chore, I'll quit. Which is why I don't do those "read x books a year" things. Or read books because people think I should read them... Which is also why I'll always have books in my library that I might not even read! (at least, not in this life time...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote