Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #136
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They had four display models when I was in there on the 7th. Right by the door, on the right, you can't miss them. One was 'round the back of the display, so look there if the other three are being used.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:49 PM   #137
Jake
Renaissance Man
Jake began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Just received word that the Sony Style story at University Village (Seattle) received their new shipment of Sony Readers today. I have no idea how many they received but if you're in the Seattle area it might be worth a trip or call.

University Village Sony Style Store
2623 NE University Village Street
Seattle, WA 98105
206-525-1200
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #138
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Oh, that's great NatCH! Thanks!
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:14 PM   #139
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Guys and Gals,

If you are in the Las Vegas Area, the Borders in Henderson (just outside of Vegas) has received their shipment of PRS-500s. Don't forget to bring your coupon for 10% off!
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #140
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Hi. Been looking for a while and desided to join esp with this odd bit of news...

I am in the SD area of California. Called the two closses Borders to me... One is where I have a hold for one and another pretty far from me.

The first said they got some in but were told to pull them. This was due to maybe the display or the holder catching on fire. The other was "Yep" we got them in but all are on hold right now cant sell and dont know when we can sell them...

There is one other will try after posting...
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #141
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Display or holder catching fire? That sounds ridiculous. I bet they saw oh, Sony? Didn't Sony just have a huge recall for electronic batteries exploding? Oh no, these will explode!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:09 AM   #142
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Display or holder catching fire? That sounds ridiculous. I bet they saw oh, Sony? Didn't Sony just have a huge recall for electronic batteries exploding? Oh no, these will explode!
I agree... But As Paul Harvey sayd The Rest OF the Story

As soon as registed here and sent that item about the recall. I calld the San Diego Mission Valley Borders... Yes we got them in. But YES will sell you one.. They had not heard of a recall or lock date. Could not put one on hold. San Diego traffic is a night mair on fridays at 6PM! So Its about 45 minuts when nothing on the road. Got there. Got lost. Called and were darn nice to get me on the right path. Even got a parking place near the place! Was the first to request and buy it from there. They had five now four They ask if I wanted to see it. Sure. Love at first sight!!! So while I was checking it out went over what I knew about it. All of the pluses and the minius I had learn from here. Darn thing had a full charge! Pop up 1984. Wish they had put Farienhite 451. But oh well.

Summing up. Sound like the Borders got in ther stock but something is going on. I was think of the display and think it could be using the desk stand without the cover and without the insert I think some one mention here. If that small connecter is not fitted right could cause sparks.

So there are in San Diego but in limbo... Hope that helps...

PS: A darn nice store with a good crew!

Last edited by Nightwing; 10-21-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #143
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
If that small connecter is not fitted right could cause sparks.
Interesting thought, Nightwing.

I don't think that the power levels involved are likely to be enough to make sparks, but I wouldn't claim for a certainty that there's no way it could. So, while I'm skeptical, you may have something.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #144
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Interesting thought, Nightwing.

I don't think that the power levels involved are likely to be enough to make sparks, but I wouldn't claim for a certainty that there's no way it could. So, while I'm skeptical, you may have something.

I know its a long shot but dont know at this second how much current it pulls on a charge... My Cowon A2 { previous reader } can pull up to 1 amp and its PS is rated for 2.5 amps. Thank goodness its a switcher!

Plus if people dont plug it in securly then other problems can occure. They did not have the stand set up or what ever it was supostly having problems.

PS: 5.2v is a bit weird for power...
Old 10-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #145
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
charging off USB limits you to 500mA so current consumption has to be pretty low.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 PM   #146
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
The first said they got some in but were told to pull them. This was due to maybe the display or the holder catching on fire.
Since we seem generally agreed that the Reader's unlikely to have enough juice to cause much mischief, do you know anything about the kind of display it was?

They probably have some sort of an electronic security tether system (the Sony Style store here does, anyway). Could that have something to do with it?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #147
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Since we seem generally agreed that the Reader's unlikely to have enough juice to cause much mischief, do you know anything about the kind of display it was?

They probably have some sort of an electronic security tether system (the Sony Style store here does, anyway). Could that have something to do with it?
Just got a call From the Borders in Carlsbad CA... They have them for sale now! So the rest should also...

Last edited by Nightwing; 10-23-2006 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #148
heavyB
heavyB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader/Treo 600
Nightwing is right. I was plesantly surprised to get a call from Borders in Salt Lake City, UT, letting me know my reserved Reader came in today. Expect a flood of (I got mine!) in the next couple days.

And oh yea... I got mine!
heavyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:33 AM   #149
Nightwing
Addict

Wonder if they waited for the 10% off coupon to go dead? Used one last friday!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:09 AM   #150
aleks
Connoisseur
aleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litteraleks doesn't litter

Device: Rocket eBook & Sony Reader
Nightwing, Seems as if the 10% credit does not die. They seem to extend the expiration date each time I checked it.
aleks is offline   Reply With Quote