Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #106
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
be the first out, and take as many of you as possible.
WATCH IT, GANG!!! He's planning to take us all out. I'm fully armed -- get behind me if you think you need protection.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #107
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I'm going back to being invisible. For the last time, I'm not interested in leaving!!!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 07:10 PM   #108
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
yes, i'm staying too. i like it here.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #109
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
WATCH IT, GANG!!! He's planning to take us all out. I'm fully armed -- get behind me if you think you need protection.
( no, "out" .... as in gonna TERMINATE all of us .... I don't want THAT either! )
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #110
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
( no, "out" .... as in gonna TERMINATE all of us .... I don't want THAT either! )
i'm pretty sure he's still wrapped up in his escape plans, so that would be "out" as in "exeunt the players".
Advert
Old 08-02-2008, 05:10 AM   #111
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Let's just pretend to follow him, then at the last minute just push him out of the door....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #112
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Let's just pretend to follow him, then at the last minute just push him out of the door....
...and see how long it takes before he decides he wants back in again.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #113
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
...and see how long it takes before he decides he wants back in again.

Dreamer
bets ? i'll take "7 minutes".
Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #114
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

that long ?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #115
zelda_pinwheel

it's going to take that long just for the momentum from such concerted efforts to wear off.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #116
GeoffC

7 minutes is a long time to leave the escape hatch open - won't that cause a vacuum to drag us all out with him ... ?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #117
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Might I assume that montsnmags is Q? If so, does anyone know where I might obtain the official requistion forms for requisitioning requisition forms?

Is there a minister for group security and official dress?
Actually, Marc is High Gibbonate of the Holy Order of Skwerl-Feeders, which means that his principal duty is Ordaining. i'm thinking it might be a good idea to give him the Q portfolio as well, though, now that you mention it. i'll let him know. To my knowledge there is not yet a minister for group security and official dress. since we're on the subject, and since you clearly have questions, now seems like a good time to dig up the List O' Ministers which can be found on the Ministry page, if you're willing to click back far enough. below is a copy / paste of the list and the first two proclamations of the Queen. it may be slightly incomplete. feel free to mention your title in your signature, to avoid confusion (yeah, that's the reason... ).

To review, the positions which have to my knowlege been filled thus far :
UPDATED LIST
Ministry of Unutterable Silliness
Premier Ministre : nekokami
Sub-Minister of Taking a Vacation : pshrynk
High Gibbonate of the Holy Order of Skwerl-Feeders, and Q : marc
Herald of Unutterable Silliness and Official Babelfish to the Queen and The Ministry : vivaldirules
Honorable Undersecretary of Doing Stuff : tirsales
Fairy Princess : mindy
Knight : ricky maveety
Ambassador of Chocolate : GeoffC
Head of Covert silliness operatives : Madame B (whether she admits it or not).
Under-Secretary of creative voculabarification and Direktor of interpretative Grammar : cthulhu
Vice Premiera of Situational Ethics : Patricia
Grand Imperial Poobah of Paper Shuffling : Donnageddon
Minister of Silly Walks : Orcinus
Queen : zelda
Android (or other) Consort : PlanetHead

the rest of y'all are either knights, or ministers who have yet to declare / be assigned a portfolio. please do inform us of your appointments as they are determined.

Proclamation the First : We are on vacation the majority of the time, and most particularly whenever We feel like it, including at a moment's notice. this is appropriate, since the skill We have honed the most since joining this hallowed company is that of avoidance of work.

Proclamation the Second : the same holds true for Patricia.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #118
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
Proclamation the First : We are on vacation the majority of the time, and most particularly whenever We feel like it, including at a moment's notice. this is appropriate, since the skill We have honed the most since joining this hallowed company is that of avoidance of work.

Proclamation the Second : the same holds true for Patricia.
I would certainly like to improve my work-avoidance skills, except that I need to earn some money.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #119
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Since Geoff is already responsible for handing out Chocolate, and therefore already has some degree of Quartermaster type responsbility and discretion, I would suggest he also has suitable qualifcations.
A job-share might be in order, so that stuff can always be handed out willy-nilly....er, I mean requisitioned, regardless of individual availablility.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #120
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I would certainly like to improve my work-avoidance skills, except that I need to earn some money.
sadly, despite all my efforts at honing them, my work-avoidance skills must all too often be left unexploited, since i too need to earn some money.

but just for record, Proclamation the Second refers only to the "being on vacation whenever she feels like it" part of Proclamation the First, not necessarily the rest of it. i realize this is not completely clear.

Tags
unutterable silliness