Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Your opinion on separating nook color and classic threads.
Separate nook color from classic threads. 88 88.89%
Keep the nook color and classic threads together. 11 11.11%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
Poll about separating threads.

There has been quite a bit of talk about separating the nook color and classic threads. I have set up this poll as a place you can voice your opinion for or against.

Separate nook color from classic threads.

Keep them together.
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #2
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
It won't make any difference. Take one look at the B&N forums and you still see a lot of threads popping up in "the wrong place". My advice: If you see a NOOKcolor thread appear, open its first page and then set the flag under Thread Tools to "Ignore this Thread".
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
waffleman
Enthusiast
waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'waffleman knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: NookColor
I think there should be a subthread for "rooting"
waffleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleman View Post
I agree. Makes it easy to assist folks.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I voted to separate. I visit other sub-forums all the time. This would be no different. If a thread pertains to both sub-forums, you can post in both.

Last edited by SCION; 01-02-2011 at 11:24 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Me too. I really think it would be helpful for all concerned. I get excited occasionally when I see a thread topic that describes something I would like to do with my non-rooted NC and then am disappointed to find out it only applies to rooted NCs.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
Easy call....PLEASE separate them.

Wally
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #8
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I'm new to the forum and a new NookColor owner.....just about the entire first page of threads is about the NookColor....and most of them are about things I'm interested in.....So I'm happy the way it is

But.....if I were a new Nook Classic owner, and new to the forum......I probably wouldn't even stay here long, since I wouldn't be getting pertinent information, and would assume this is a NookColor forum.....

So I'll have to vote to separate....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #9
Ken Stuart
The Knight Who Says Nook!
Ken Stuart began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color ; dead Clie NR70 ; living Rocket REB1100 ; QY70 (pictured)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I'm new to the forum and a new NookColor owner.....just about the entire first page of threads is about the NookColor....and most of them are about things I'm interested in.....So I'm happy the way it is

But.....if I were a new Nook Classic owner, and new to the forum......I probably wouldn't even stay here long, since I wouldn't be getting pertinent information, and would assume this is a NookColor forum.....

So I'll have to vote to separate....
I think he exactly described the situation.

PS If there were two separate Forums, then there would be less confusion and misplaced threads...
Ken Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
LaurieGator
Crazy Cat Lady
LaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavensLaurieGator is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 2i, Nook Color (Rooted)
I am another vote to separate the Nook Color and Nook Classic threads.

There are a few things that will apply to both but I own the Nook Color and usually read only the threads applying to the Nook Color.
LaurieGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #11
kevinrs
Enthusiast
kevinrs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
as I'm seeing 18 posts on the first page related to color specifically, either we need separate pages, or add a classic tag, and force people to chose color, classic or both(?), for when a question would apply to either device, like a question about a book, or BN.com for example. Then allow people to filter out either color or classic.
If that level on tagging posts is too difficult, then a color and a classic subforum, though it means more pages for people to view.
kevinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #12
JMyers
Enthusiast
JMyers began at the beginning.

Device: classic nook
Well so far I see that a huge majority want to see a separation of the classic and color nook threads.
JMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 PM   #13
dallas
dallas will become famous soon enoughdallas will become famous soon enoughdallas will become famous soon enoughdallas will become famous soon enoughdallas will become famous soon enoughdallas will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Nookcolor, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I agree. Makes it easy to assist folks.

I'd like to forth or fifth this...but you'd have to sell it as a "root/mods" sub forum to handle support for the rooting as well as running apps and so forth.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #14
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
This.

Then again, most of the Color threads end up talking about rooting.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #15
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
I previously thought we should leave them together, but with the popularity of the Color, it seems that some Classic threads are getting buried. So I voted to separate.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote