Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 01:46 AM   #1
morality28
morality28 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer TF700
Replace tags from download

Hello,

I have just upgraded to 2.0 and have noticed that when I download metadata the tags field is now adding all of the tags in the field to the existing tags, but before existing tags used to be replaced by what is downloaded.

How do I get the downloaded tags metadata to overwrite the existing tags?

thanks!
morality28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There haven't been any changes to metadata downloading in 2.0 as far as I know. What kind of metadata download are you doing, via the edit metadata download dialog or the bulk download of many books at once? IIRC for both tags have always been merged rather than replaced.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
morality28
morality28 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer TF700
I am using the "download metadata and covers - download both" - sometimes individually and sometimes for a couple books at a time.

I could have sworn that whatever tags were on the left side used to overwrite the old tags on the right, but now they merge. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly - it's been a few months since I downloaded data.
morality28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:02 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by morality28 View Post
I am using the "download metadata and covers - download both" - sometimes individually and sometimes for a couple books at a time.

I could have sworn that whatever tags were on the left side used to overwrite the old tags on the right, but now they merge. Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly - it's been a few months since I downloaded data.
@morality28 - I suspect you're misremembering, pretty sure the ctrl/D option has always merged tags and maybe IDs too.

A nice to have would be the ability to edit the existing tags (as one can do with the downloaded tags). Sometimes a downloaded tag is 'better' than an existing tag - eg 'Historical' rather than 'History' - in which case it would nice to delete latter before accepting the download

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@morality28 - I suspect you're misremembering, pretty sure the ctrl/D option has always merged tags and maybe IDs too.

A nice to have would be the ability to edit the existing tags (as one can do with the downloaded tags). Sometimes a downloaded tag is 'better' than an existing tag - eg 'Historical' rather than 'History' - in which case it would nice to delete latter before accepting the download

BR
BR
You can edit any ctrl-D found side metadata if you choose the Review option.

What you can't do is Block the auto fill of a blank (the found side field is blank and the existing field has a lousy/bad value.

Also, there is no (in use) lookup as in the standard metadata edit
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
BR
You can edit any ctrl-D found side metadata if you choose the Review option.

What you can't do is Block the auto fill of a blank (the found side field is blank and the existing field has a lousy/bad value.

Also, there is no (in use) lookup as in the standard metadata edit
I think we're saying the same thing, you can edit what's on the left side of the review, but not what's on the right. I overcome by copying any existing tags that I want to purge to the clipboard stack.

I only use the single metadata edit download if the Ctrl/D download returns 'rubbish'.

Maybe a nice(er) to have would be the ability to Mark a book from the Review panel.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, replace, tags