Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #556
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
ermm.. odd I cant apply Jbpatch's latest bin either. hmm.....
Follow his instructions. It worked for me.

Otherwise you will have to do it the fastboot way.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #557
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have made a full reset, then I uninstalled the KT Jailbreak 1.2.N trying to put the device "clear", and when the device is restarted, my Kindle Touch is bricked!!

The main screen now is shown in this way:

The touch screen doesn't work fine. What happen? Is my KT bricked?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #558
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well. I did follow his instructions.

Could be fastboot is my only option unless Niluje has some ninja JB fudge cleaner up his sleeve. I'm only keeping it around in case he wants a peek at it.

Would be nice to test doom in Diags but it can wait until Niluje has spoken. Manana it is.
: )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #559
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sounds pretty toasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor_2203 View Post
I have made a full reset, then I uninstalled the KT Jailbreak 1.2.N trying to put the device "clear", and when the device is restarted, my Kindle Touch is bricked!!

So you Did a full reset. Then an uninstall. Err. Not sure.

Might need some recovery. Perhaps nothing too drastic but that does dound bad.

Pretty sure that's not correct procedures for removal

On the good side:
Misery loves company.
We can all discover the path to un-brickedness together
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #560
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So you Did a full reset. Then an uninstall. Err. Not sure.

Might need some recovery. Perhaps nothing too drastic but that does dound bad.

Pretty sure that's not correct procedures for removal

On the good side:
Misery loves company.
We can all discover the path to un-brickedness together
How I can recover my kindle? Is it necessary a debriking process? I can't use my device.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #561
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How I can recover my kindle? Is it necessary a debriking process? I can't use my device.
You did not supply enough details in this post. If your previous post here is still valid:
Quote:
Nothing, I have made a full reset, then I uninstalled the KT Jailbreak 1.2.N trying to put the device "clear", and when the device is restarted, my Kindle Touch is bricked!!

The main screen now is shown in this way:

Spoiler:

According to that screenshot, your kindle was showing to a normal Home screen. It is not 'bricked". It just does not contain any content because you erased everything by doing a factory reset. If the touchscreen is not working, it is probably sitting in fastboot mode (most likely), or USB Downloader mode (less likely).

Try booting to main or diags with MfgTool, and report back here what that does for you.

EDIT: But perhaps we should try the obvious FIRST: Is the kindle turned ON? Perhaps it is off, without changing the screen. Try pressing the power button to wake it up. If that does not work, try holding the power button 30 seconds to do a hard reset. If that does not work, do a full battery charge (20 hours with a wall charger), then try a hard reset again.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-28-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #562
victor_2203
Connoisseur

I have made a full reset and nothing. I also have tried to start with MfgTool in "Kindle diags" and "Kindle main" and the device doesn't start, it's freezed on the screen with the tree.

The screen shown in the previous picture is the state of my kindle turned on. The response of the touch screen in very bad, and I can't open nothing. Where is the search bar, and the menu bar...?

However my PC recognizes the kindle and I can see the content inside in the same way as always. I have tried to install some .bin file (GUI Launcher for example) by holding the power button to force a restart because I can't use any option or menu, and when the kindle restars it shows a error 3.

My Kindle Touch is bricked, isn't it? I'm trying now to debrick it by using the "guide for noobs" by silver18, due to I can't use the ixtab's method because of I didn't install before the diags partition with SSH.

However I'm not able to configure the step 7 of the guide with the Kindle-Fastboot.inf. I don't understand how to install the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0. I have tried to install it but the kindle isn't shown like a Kindle-Fastboot devide in the Windows Device Manager. I'm stucked in this step.

Help please!
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #563
geekmaster

So it appears that your screen changed from Home to the tree. That sounds like a discharged battery.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:28 AM   #564
victor_2203
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
So it appears that your screen changed from Home to the tree. That sounds like a discharged battery.
But the battery charge indicator is full. I always charge the battery with a wall adapter, not through USB port.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #565
geekmaster

Quote:
But the battery charge indicator is full. I always charge the battery with a wall adapter, not through USB port.
What "battery charge indicator"?

If you mean the power LED, the color is not reliable on a bricked kindle, as stated many times in this forum.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #566
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
If you ask for help, the assumption is that you will follow the directions you are given.

If unwilling to follow the directions given, save both yourself and the very busy people on this forum time by never posting a request for help.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:57 AM   #567
victor_2203
Connoisseur

The battery charge indicator shown in the previous picture. The icon of the battery. Not the LED indicator.

I follow the instructions given. I'm only giving details about my kindle. Should I wait for a 20 hours charge if the battery icon is full? I have made a full reset by holding power button for a 30 seconds several times. I also have used the MfgTool in diag and main mode. And my kindle is in the same way that the shown in the previous screenshot.

Last edited by victor_2203; 09-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #568
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
@victor_2203:

Do the "full debrick" procedure, i.e. reflash the diags & main kernels and partitions (cf. the first post of this thread, and silver18's noob guide). It takes about 10 minutes (well, assuming that you have the drivers correctly set up, that is - but you seem to have done that). Anything else is just wasted effort.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #569
geekmaster

Quote:
The battery charge indicator shown in the previous picture. The icon of the battery. Not the LED indicator.
Ahh... I see... You do not want to charge it like I told you to because the battery charge icon on your Home screen shows that it now has a full charge... I must have misunderstood you. I thought it was frozen at the "kindle tree" screen. Apparently you got past that.

EDIT: What ixtab said.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-28-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 AM   #570
victor_2203
Connoisseur

I'm trying to make a full debrick but I don't know how to use the libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0 in the step 7. The device is not shown as a Fastboot device in the Windows Manager Diag. I use Windows 7.

Geekmaster, the kindle doesn't work. It's freezed in the screen shown in the picture. The touch screen doesn't work fine and I can't use the device.

Tags
debricking