Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
stephenlcraig
stephenlcraig began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Cannot send. No device is connected.

Hi,

I'm using calibre. I have my iphone plugged into my laptop, and I pick a book. Then I click send to device. Then I get the error message, cannot send, no device is connected.

Why is this happening, and how can I download e-books, or upload, not sure about the proper terminology, to my iphone. I currently don't have internet on my iphone, so I can't send the books to my iphone, through e-mail.

Thank you sincerely.
Stephen L. Craig
stephenlcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
You have to have a wifi network setup to send books between calibre and stanza for the iPhone.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi Stephen, if you dont have wi-fi on your phone, then you will need to use your laptop to upload your books as personal content to a website, for instance when using ereader on my phone, I upload ereader format books to my Fictionwise account as personal content, log into my bookshelf from within the ereader app on my phone and then the books will download using your phones 3G network.

To use Calibre you need to have the wi-fi on your phone turned on then connect to Calibre and turn the server setting on to send your books to Stanza.

Hope this helps.
Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
gerardpy
gerardpy began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
When you click Send to Device with your Apple Device connected by USB it should send to iBooks on your device. This used to be the case until a few versions of CALIBRE. Although Caliber shows my device as connected at the bottom of the interface, when I click the "Send to Device Icon" at the top, I get an error message saying "Cannot send: No device is connected". Problem?
gerardpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calbre, e-book, error, iphone, stanza